By Niles Mitchell
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Text2Tape is an application that lets you record documents into audio files using the Mac's built in speech technology. Download thousands of free public domain books from Project Gutenberg and record them for playback! Record Web Pages saved as HTML or Webarchive! Record your Microsoft Word documents! Play them back on your Mac, or sync them to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad for on-the-go listening! The possibilities are endless!
• Text2Tape can batch record multiple supported documents in any combination.
• Supported document types include TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XML, HTML, ODT, and Webarchive.
• Each audio file will be named after the document that it was recorded from automatically.
• Audio files will be recorded in the voice that you have selected in the Speech Control Panel.
• Supported output audio formats are AAC, AIFF, and WAVE.
While AAC is preferred because of it's significantly smaller file size, some 3rd party voices may not support it. For that reason, AIFF and WAVE are included as well.
If you are looking to record entries from the Notes application, please see "Recorder for Notes".
If you are looking to record PDF files, please check out "PDF2Tape".
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• New simplified interface.
• Added WAVE format to output options.
• Able to drag files into the Open Dialog Box.
• Includes online tutorial.
• Removed the Open Speech Control Panel button.
• Requires 10.9.1 or higher.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Niles Mitchell
- © 2011 Niles Mitchell
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.1 or later