By Steven Gray
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textal is an innovative, free app that allows you to create clickable wordclouds from a website, tweet stream, or document, to explore the relationships between words in the text. Textal transforms wordclouds into useful tools for analysis, research, and play. You can use and share the resulting wordclouds, graphs, and, statistics in any way you like.
- Create a Textal: choose a website, book, connect to your twitter stream, search for a hashtag, or copy and paste in text. Generate a clickable wordcloud of the most commonly used words, and visualize the topics that emerge.
- Explore your text: click on individual words in the Textal to view statistics. How often is the word used? What words appear either side of your chosen word? What common pairs exist? Analyze the themes which emerge through visualization and text analysis!
- Export your analysis for use in research, reports, or writing.
- Share you Textal via twitter, and view your wordclouds online.
- Browse the Textals made by others. What texts are trending?
- Explore Textals of classic literature. How do famous texts use language?
- Use Textal’s advanced features, including stop word lists in various languages and frequency graphs, to explore and analyze the words in your chosen texts further.
Textal is a joint project between UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and the Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis which aims to explore how text analysis can be used in a mobile format. Textal was made possible by generous grants from EPSRC and NCRM which has allowed us to bring Textal to you for free!
What's New in Version 1.1.0
We've fixed a few bugs and added the following new features:
-- Upgraded for iOS 7
-- New Icon for the app
-- Twitter Bug which prevented Tweets being collected past first page
-- Book download problem
-- Various UI Tweeks
Still not working. Collect your personal data and location and fails to do analytics
Not working and invades privacy.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 18, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Steven Gray
- © Steven Gray / UCL DH / UCL CASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.