Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP, SSH and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
NEW IN TEXTASTIC 7:
• You can now open multiple files in tabs.
• SSH terminal connections
• New syntax highlighter with much better support for modern features in almost all supported programming and markup languages.
• You can now sort file lists by name, extension, date, and size.
• Use the new fuzzy search for files to find and open a file by typing characters that are in the name of the file or path.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Full iPad Pro and iPhone X support
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
- Sometimes the folder hierarchy from the last session was not restored properly on app launch.
- When uploading a hierarchy of folders from an external directory (for example opened from Working Copy) to a remote server, only files in the top-level directory where correctly linked to the remote connection.
- The keyboard shortcut Ctrl-W did not work in terminal connections.
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
I shouldn’t have to pay twice.
I have been using this app for a while and had to buy it again since the developer didn’t update it, they just released a new one.
Great app ! Love it
I found Textastic for IOS is great i’ve Never seen for coding .
But still missing some great features.
The first I one I would like to see in next update is ONE CLICK UPLOAD.
When we edit file in FTP or.... We knew we gonna upload much often so we don't have to click on Share icon and click upload file, that's so annoying!
It will be good if quick upload button outside that option.
It will be great if we can edit in remote server and save instead of download and edit on local and trip load again.
Thank you very much .
Anyway great job .
The best code editor on iOS
It just works so well, and it’s so clean. SSH is awesome too.
Would love to see a bit more customizability added down the line. Vim keybindings would be sweet.
- Alexander Blach
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010-2018 Alexander Blach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.