Textastic Code Editor for iPad
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers or Dropbox
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
• Over USB via iTunes File Sharing
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 5.1
• Textastic now uses the MultiMarkdown v4 library instead of the Discount Markdown library
• updated network libraries to latest versions: OpenSSL, libssh2, libcurl
• added 64-bit support
• fixed a crash when dragging the knob of switch controls in settings
• fixed: the cursor navigation wheel could disappear unintentionally after closing the web preview
• when uploading a file using the Alt-Cmd-Up external keyboard shortcut, changes were not saved before the upload
• fixed problems with Clojure syntax highlighting
• improved appearance of additional keys on iOS 7.1
• many, many more bug fixes
Used to be amazing
Now it's basically useless, the UI and everything else before the update was 4.9 stars worth, but now the most I can give it is 2. The FTP files wont save after you've edited them within the app.
This is the one
I’ve been searching forever for an iOS and OSX equivalent to the indispensable NotePad++ application on the PC.
This is the one.
Best code editor on iPad ever!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 14, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2014 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.