Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• print files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
• By default, Textastic now always restores files and windows when re-opening the app. This can be disabled in the new advanced preferences tab.
• Improved indentation when the cursor is between HTML or XML tags and you press return.
• The sidebar can now follow symbolic links. Please note that the symbolic link target must be within a folder added to the sidebar due to sandboxing restrictions.
• Fixed performance issues with wide color monitors on macOS Sierra.
• Deleting a very large number of lines from large files could result in a crash.
• The line and column status bar items now use a system font with monospaced digit glyphs. This prevents the status bar from jiggling when you type.
• Sometimes folders in the sidebar were not restored properly when re-opening the app.
• When changing to another tab before duplicating a file was finished, the wrong file was renamed.
• Pasting text with the last line only consisting of whitespace sometimes did not properly update the internal text selection state. This could result in a crash on the next key press.
• A file extension specified in a template was not honoured when saving the new file created by template. For example, if the template specified a ".cc" file extension, ".cp" was used instead.
• Loading a custom syntax definition from the #Textastic folder could result in a crash if the language grammar was not a valid property list dictionary.
• Other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does not break your Default App Extension settings (Updated)
As others have noted, Textastic appears to override your macOS default app settings for some files, i.e., GetInfo and Always Open With options don’t seem to work. On macOS this occurs when the file is stored in the Textastic iCloud folder and is a macOS/iCloud instituted behavior, not something done by Textastic. Since this is not a Textastic issue and the app is otherwise excellent - no reason not to give this app five stars. Thank you to the developer Alexander for his support in very quickly identifying the concern.
Great load time
Handles large files
Probably my goto when my laptop is lagging and I have to open some massive log files
It nice to be abale to write in 80 differint coding langues but you can only compile(Run) like four of them . I would wait to get thise if you want to compile more than four codeing langues .
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.