By Alexander Blach
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• ready for Retina displays
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Support for iCloud Drive and Handoff
• Improved performance on OS X Yosemite
• Made syntax-based auto-indentation less aggressive when editing existing files.
• Fixed a crash that could happen after closing the last tab of a full-screen window.
• Fixed a crash when creating a new file from a template with a file extension that is not known to the system.
No FTP support
Good app just has no way to upload via FTP to server. Its not a big deal but if I knew it before I bought it I would of kept looking for another app. I bought the iPad version first and it can upload via FTP. I have a small hobby site I mess around with but the iPad version was a bit to clumsy to work with for long periods of time so I decided to get the mac version. I was to happy with the iPad version to see what was different. Once I downloaded and installed it I was at a loss on how to add a connection. After a little bit of looking around I saw the mac version has no FTP support.
I like it, mostly. No print support
I like this editor. It’s simple, and just does what it does, without a lot of fuss. In fact, it’s so simple it has no printing support! I rarely print, but to do it in Textastic I have to launch TextEdit, copy the content out of Textastic, paste in TextEdit and print. Really? Although I’m glad they are circumspect about adding features, I think that’s a little too austere. But again, the actual editor is nice.
Pretty Solid but missing one key feature...
Solid app. Please add highlights to the closing of tags when opening is selected.
When <div> is selected, the corresponding </div> is highlighted.