TextExpander 3 + custom keyboard
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long snippets of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters. You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!
Access all your TextExpander snippets while in Mail, Safari, anywhere!
How does that work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.”
Use advanced TextExpander snippets in over 60 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See www.smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
If you use TextExpander on the Mac® you can sync your snippets via Dropbox or iCloud Drive, or share snippet groups with iPhones and iPads on the same Wi-Fi network.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date with the short abbreviation “ddate”
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Use Dropbox or iCloud Drive to sync snippets with your Mac
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Advanced features supported in over 60 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
What's New in Version 3.5.4
- Resolves issue with deleting groups in search results
- Resolves VoiceOver issue with the introduction
- Other minor fixes and improvements
With any hope, Smile will read the reviews of their apps...
Hopefully Smile reads the reviews of the software they charge for on the app store.
This Text Expander is perfectly fine the way it is for iOS - and the new one is a shameless money-grab with little to no updates in features. In fact, the new/other Text Expander iOS app is MORE LIMITED than this one in user features/options.
Differences between this version and the new one:
- THIS app allows you to sync your snippets via various reputable cloud services, (Dropbox, iCloud, etc.)
- THE NEW APP limits you to just using this company's own service for syncing your snippets - and they're charging MONTHLY for you to do so. On top of all this, the new app saves content you type repeatedly as "suggested snippets" - so if you type your login passwords to literally anything like your email or whatever - guess what, it's saved in this company's servers and there's not one thing you can do about it...
Now that you have most of the information you need, hopefully you will also express the frustration you're entitled to if you have ever used this software before.
TextExpander has been an integral part of my workflow for the past couple of years. The keyboard integration works well for the most part. The sharing of snippets with some of my favorite apps like Drafts really helps to save time. I don't have to switch apps to use them! I still wish more apps would use Smile's SDK, but for those that don't the keyboard presents a reasonable solution. I'm glad TextExpander decided to continue to support version 3 of this app! Thanks Smile for listening to your customers. I'm willing to give TextExpander 6 a go now that I know you have my back with TextExpander 5 support!
Close to being perfect
I really like that I can share my OS X snippets with my iOS devices using Dropbox. Although I have to remember to refresh my snippet library when I add new snippets on my Mac, it's still super-convenient.
That being said, the keyboard targets need to be calibrated a bit and the keys themselves could be larger and should ideally simply mirror the built-in iOS keyboard in terms of layout. The extension itself tends to hang/crash often and I'll have to force quit the app in order to get a keyboard to load.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 3.5.4
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2015 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.