Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fixes keyboard sizing on iPhone XS Max
- Resolves crashing bug primarily affecting iPads
Ratings and Reviews
4 stars but a short jump to 5
I think the real magic of TE happens when you use it cross-platform. For me, I’m a regular Mac, iPhone, and iPad Pro user. I love the functionality in drafts. Saves me HOURS!!
Here’s my issue. On iOS, the app performs spotty. I get a lot of crashes. I’ll open the app on the iPhone, tap a snippet and boom, it shuts down. Does this over and over. On the Mac - 6 stars! I have no problems! If the iOS app were less buggy, it’d easily be 5 stars!
Trouble with Mac and iOS apps
As other reviewers said, this requires you to install an additional keyboard in iOS and to switch to that keyboard before text expanding. Tedious and seems less convenient than just typing everything out. Then on Mac it works ... most of the time. About once a day I type my short text and it just disappears and freezes for a bit. Sometimes the expanded text finally appears, sometimes not. I’m deleting and certainly not paying for a subscription.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. On the Mac your snippets sometimes disappear and freeze? Can you please send in more details to support, such as, what app you're expanding in, what type of content is in the snippet (one sentence of plain text, or 10 paragraphs with pictures and macros): firstname.lastname@example.org
Great macOS and web apps, what happened?
In order to work effectively I have to type something out with iOS keyboard and switch back and forth to TE keyboard for snippets. Functions as intended, but the keyboard is really bad. No autocorrect, suggestions, or other modern iOS keyboard amenities. If all it can do well is snippets, then focus on snippets. If you were to take snippets away from it, it would be one of the worst keyboards in the AppStore. I say this as a huge fan of Smile, and iOS productivity apps in general. Please give some love to mobile.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.