TextExpander + Keyboard
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
What's New in Version 4.2.2
- Replaces Add Predefined Group with Add Public Group
- Minor fixes and improvements
4.2 is progressing but still has some blemishes.
3/5 stars: it functions, but needs work... I want the developer to stay in business, continue working to improve it, and fix their security by adding 'encryption at rest', adding 2FA to sign-in to the app/service wouldn't hurt either!
4.2's new Snippet Keys is a welcome addition!
Full Review -
The new 4.x snippet editor UI is *NOT* using a native iOS user interface (or macOS for that matter) for the fields, buttons, etc. thus it's not built to be touch/tap friendly.
This is a step backwards, as it doesn't use any of the built-in OS level UI elements to make things user friendly. It looks ok, but it's a shortcut for the developers to build only one 'faux universal' UI and let it function for all their apps/OS'.
I love Smile, and have been a customer of theirs for many years (multiple apps more than just TE).
I'm paying for the new service yet still using the old apps because of their stance on security - snippets are stored un-encrypted at rest on their servers from a 3rd party host... AND in the hopes they stay in business so that they continue to make the new TE apps better than they are now!
❤️ this app
A lot of broken features
I've been using TextExpander for about 8 years. I don't mind the subscription pricing. I do mind that the app has snippet customization buttons that don't work, it often fails to expand text on the Mac or does so with extra text characters, sync is less reliable, and expansion on iOS is very buggy in 3rd party apps.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2016 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.