TextExpander + Keyboard
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
What's New in Version 4.4
- Improves statistics collection from keyboard usage
- Resolves case where keyboard could flicker when invoked
- Other fixes and improvements
TextExpander has limited value on iOS in the first place, so I don't have a lot patience for the constant annoyances. I have been trying to use it for years.
Snippets do not reliably sink since I am constantly signed out of the app. When I open the settings I see the prompt to sign in even though I have already signed in previously. Tapping on the sign in button signs me into the app without having to enter my credentials. Inconsistent and unreliable.
Therefore snippets do not sync and when I refresh apps that use textexpander it means they are not up to date in those apps either.
Providing sync doesn't make you a service
Jumping on the software as a service wagon except it makes no sense for a utility like this!!! A $30 license should be good for a few years. $30 a year? Do the math they just found a way to triple the cost by calling it a subscription. Not to mention they'll lose all casual users, those who may have grabbed a licence during a sale but don't use it as a daily driver. Short sighted and a ripoff to boot. Switch to Typinator! It's fairly priced. Who needs an iOS app for this stuff anyways?
Great app on Mac, terrible business model
I've used TE on Mac for a while. Incredible time saver. I am now switching to Alfred which isn't as fully featured but at least it's not a cash grab--a subscription model works for fully featured apps not for niche applications. People aren't gonna pay $5/mo for every single widget they use no matter how useful.
Good luck keeping other customers, I'm out.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 42.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2016 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.