Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Adds Single Sign-On (SSO) for organizations
- Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It should just work for this price
I like the idea behind it, but I feel it’s unfair to pay a subscription price when basic functions are not working in the text expander app. I keep trying to edit a snippet and text expander crashes (most recent iOS and iPad Pro 10.5). I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It’s still happening.
This app saved me 15 mins last month (it estimates how much time it saved you), I’ve spent 10 mins trying to get it to work as it should. So, essentially, you can sync your snippets and use them from your computer, but you cannot edit existing snippets in this app without it crashing.
Trouble with Mac and iOS apps
As other reviewers said, this requires you to install an additional keyboard in iOS and to switch to that keyboard before text expanding. Tedious and seems less convenient than just typing everything out. Then on Mac it works ... most of the time. About once a day I type my short text and it just disappears and freezes for a bit. Sometimes the expanded text finally appears, sometimes not. I’m deleting and certainly not paying for a subscription.
Great macOS and web apps, what happened?
In order to work effectively I have to type something out with iOS keyboard and switch back and forth to TE keyboard for snippets. Functions as intended, but the keyboard is really bad. No autocorrect, suggestions, or other modern iOS keyboard amenities. If all it can do well is snippets, then focus on snippets. If you were to take snippets away from it, it would be one of the worst keyboards in the AppStore. I say this as a huge fan of Smile, and iOS productivity apps in general. Please give some love to mobile.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.