** For the free app which comes with a TextExpander.com account, search for the app "TextExpander + Keyboard" **
** TextExpander 3 is a single purchase standalone app **
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long snippets of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters. You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!
Access all your TextExpander snippets while in Mail, Safari, anywhere!
How does that work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Use advanced TextExpander snippets in over 60 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See www.smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
If you use TextExpander 5 on the Mac® you can sync your snippets via iCloud Drive, or share snippet groups with iPhones and iPads on the same Wi-Fi network.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date with the short abbreviation “ddate”
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Use iCloud Drive to sync snippets with your Mac
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Advanced features supported in over 60 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fixes keyboard layout on iPhone X
- Retires obsolete Dropbox support
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Does its job
Ok this is not perfect but it does work. You have to have apps that support it and update the snippets in the other apps. It works very well in Drafts 5, and Fantastical. You can do the same thing for free with text replacement and the built in Apple keyboard(go to Settings and keyboards). This app isn’t supported anymore either so it is glitchy at times, and it doesn’t auto sync with iCloud either so go in and do it yourself in the app settings. I like it and definitely does what it says and it’s very inexpensive.
This app is crap
I read the reviews that said the app was not worth the money but decided to try it for myself. I found out very quickly that I wasted my money. Do not make the same mistake I did and ignore the reviews. The snippets do not work unless you have the text expander app also running in the background. Also, unless auto correct is programmed it will not automatically correct a word that is spelled wrong. Definitely a waste of time and money because even if the app is running, there is no guarantee that it will fill the chosen text for a shortcut.
Dropbox broke but iCloud still works
Smile is no longer updating this as they want you to switch to the new subscription version. Unfortunately, this means that they seem not to have updated it to use the new dropbox API as of Oct 2017. Fortunately, however iCloud syncing still works.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.