We believe in a future where we can control our own data. Let's start with photos.
Textile let's users sync, share, and secure all their personal photos on a decentralized network of computers called, IPFS. Your photos remain privately encrypted only for you.
When you share your photos, Textile uses peer-to-peer technology, meaning your photos are private to you and your friends.
* Fixes broken contact invite UI where 'continue' button is below the end of the screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the concept of a decentralized web, especially when it comes to my own content. But I’m also wondering what utility Textile can add above, say, sharing photos with friends and family over a secure messaging app like Signal. It already took a lot of effort to get them to sign up for that so I’m not sure I can get them to adopt another app to do something which they believe we can already do. They are not into the tech behind the apps, just want to be connected on whatever service has the most people they want to communicate with. I enjoy it as an enthusiast, but most people I know just want utility without introducing something new to learn. Here’s to hoping Textile gains more organic adoption so I don’t have to sell friends and family on something they’ve never heard of.
So cool to privately and securely share my photos with friends and family, no company in the way! Amazing stuff.
- We Are Set, Inc
- 31.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Textile
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.