Textilus - Microsoft Word Edition, Scrivener Documents & PDF Maker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME!
NEW POWERFUL 5 VERSION -> Now includes an Office Word , PDF and Notes Suite! TAKE INK NOTES AND WRITE, READ, ANNOTATE, DRAW, SIGN PDF DOCUMENTS AND FILL PDF FORMS
"Textilus is by far the best word-processing app you can get for your iPad. Period. Bar none. You can just about skip all the rest. It’s the only app I even consider using if I expect to write an article with my iPad instead of my Mac" - Ted Landau/MacWorld Senior Contributor
"If you are looking for a comprehensive text editor that offers cloud syncing and has a plethora of formatting options, you can’t go wrong with Textilus" - AddictiveTips
"Thanks to the updates it has received since its launch, Textilus continues its growth as a notable word processing app" - AppAdvice
- Powerful yet very easy to use rich-text word processor for iPad
- Full PDF support: Fill Forms, Annotate PDFs, Sign & Create PDF Documents
- Create and edit documents for Microsoft Word, QuickOffice, PDF, Open Office, Scrivener, WordPerfect, Google Docs, etc.
- Preview Excel and PowerPoint documents. Convert and annotate them to PDF
- Insert comments, footnotes, photos, charts, signatures and drawings in your documents. Compose sketches
- Sign your documents realistically with your finger
- Export and email your work as PDF , RTF , RTFD , ePUB , TXT, PNG , Markdown and HTML
- Sync your documents with Dropbox , Google Drive, Box , iCloud Drive, Scrivener or Evernote
- Text to Speech and Voice Dictation support
POWERFUL RTF RICH-TEXT ENGINE
· Rich-text formatting: Bold, italic, underline, highlight, subscript/superscript, alignment, line and paragraph spacing, first-line indent, type size, page breaks, pre-defined styles, text and paper color, etc.
· Insert inline photos, charts and drawings in your documents. Compose sketches
· Over 60 high quality (Retina ready) fonts included. Insert special symbols, math symbols, date, current GPS location, pictographs and web links
· Extra keyboard row with direct access to styling and punctuation functions. Quick keys for tab, forward delete, up, down, left, right, etc.
· Easily set custom 25 toolbar buttons to your commonly-used keys, special symbols, text snippets or hard to reach characters
EASY TO USE, STAY ORGANIZED
· Create, edit and share your documents effortlessly. No settings. No cluttered interface
· Typewriter (Focus) mode. Distraction-Free mode that keeps only the paragraph you’re typing at the center of the screen, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Document Folders: Drag&Drop to create. Use different color/design covers for different projects
· MagicCursor: Quickly move around the cursor and select text
ESSENTIAL WRITING TOOL
· Find and replace: Quickly search within a document, and it gives you the option to replace those terms with another
· Instant text statistics and counters: characters, words, reading time, sentences, average word length
· Direct search on Google , Wikipedia , Dictionary , Thesaurus, etc.
· Security Passcode: Only you will be allowed to open documents in your iPad
· Create backup snapshots of your documents anytime
· Universal RTF and PDF based document file formats
· Textilus standard RTF documents are compatible with hundreds of word processors and text editors: Apple Pages, MS Word, Office, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Nisus Writer, Textedit, Wordpad, Scrivener, Evernote, Notes, iA Writer, Byword, Google Docs, Word Perfect, Corel Write, Kingsoft Writer, TextMaker, Bean, Abiword, QuickOffice, TextMaker, Documents To Go, Jarte, etc.
· Export your documents to RTF , RTFD , PDF , ePUB, Plain text, PNG and HTML
AUTO-SYNCING WITH iCLOUD DRIVE, DROPBOX , GOOGLE DRIVE, BOX, SCRIVENER , EVERNOTE
· Includes automated document syncing with most popular cloud services
· Open-in email attachments. Send multiple documents in the same email
· Open-in your Textilus documents with other apps
What's New in Version 5.3.1
--- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via mail (feedback@ textilusapp.com) or Twitter @textilus if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions ---
If you like Textilus, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
5.3.1 - Fixed some minor iOS 8.x related bugs
5.3.0 - Fixed the iOS 8.3 bug while configuring new custom user keys in the keyboard
5.0.0 NEW MAJOR UPDATE WITH FULL INK NOTES SUPPORT!!!
- Powerful new Ink Note documents: Draw, annotate, record audio and type in the same document like never before!
- Bluetooth Stylus support: Use your Adonit Jot Touch 4, Wacom or Pogo stylus to draw and annotate PDF and Ink Notes
- Palm rejection layer to avoid false inputs while drawing
- Merge multiple PDF documents in one
- Display the current time while editing
- New passcode functionality with improved security for your documents
- Preview of Excel and PowerPoint documents and optionally convert them to PDF so you can annotate
- Install and use in your documents your own TrueType fonts from Dropbox or iTunes
- Page numbers located in top right for MLA page format
- Improved Text To Speech (Read Aloud). Slower speed and punctuation support.
- Improved iOS 7 multitasking support
- Added new fraction 3/8, 5/8, etc. symbols
- Fixed the screen refresh of folders
- Fixed text wrap around images
- Fixed the “cut” action not being saved
- Improved stability and performance
Now it's even better
Now that I've upgraded to the full version of this app I can add images to documents. It is so much more useful for documenting and producing teaching materials. Terrific.
Update: I am completely sold on this app. The paid upgrade is worth the money and more. I have a dozen or more documents chock full of pictures. One suggestion: make pictures smoother to work with. They are a bit nervous and don't scale smoothly. I also wish they could be scaled to a full page. Love the app!
Update 11/14- pictures seem smoother now. I wish that all the documents would ALWAYS have a picture from the document showing on the cover. Now it is only a generic image.
Update 5/15: app is still very good, but inserting pictures still needs more work. Lots of jumping around. It takes a lot of practice to get photos placed where you want them and the size you want them. However, I've produced 20 or 25 documents containing pictures with this app, and I don't know of another app that does the job as well.
PROBLEMATIC and NOT full featured
BIG PROBLEM - App loses formatting from the toolbar (bold, italics, colors, underlines, etc.)!! Instructions say to finish document then format, but it doesn't matter when you format. After you save and then go back into the doc, the formatting is gone. It saves some things only if you make the change in settings. Why have to go through all that to just bold or italicize one word? AND you cannot create levels of folders inside of the primary folder. You have to create new folders for every topic, sub-topic, etc. AND I will not buy Textilus Writer just to get that feature (if it even does it). Why weren't the few different features in Textilus Writer just added to this one? Ridiculous AND Rip Off. Looking for another app.
Full featured is an understatement.
This app has a wide assortment of options, including a vast selection of bullets and font styles. Graphics load with ease, and more importantly, pictures are easily resized and repositioned within a PDF.
Complex document formatting is possible with Textilus, which is just amazing for an iPad app. So far, l love this app. I was able to go back into the text to make changes, rather than constructing documents in a rigid, sequential manner. Textilus is a flexible app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Umanify
- © Textilus Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.