FreeTone - Free Calls and Texting for iPhone, iPod and iPad
By TextMe, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Call U.S. and Canadian phones for FREE with FreeTone: get your own real U.S. or Canada number and start calling! FreeTone is the only free calling app for UNLIMITED calls & texts to ALL real U.S. and Canada phone numbers. No trials, no hidden costs, absolutely FREE!
Invite your family & friends to FreeTone and make unlimited free calls anywhere in the US, and in Canada. Enjoy FREE CALLS and FREE VIDEO CALLS with your FreeTone contacts on Apple iOS and other platforms. Send messages and voice notes, share photos and videos with your contacts easily for FREE with FreeTone.
Turn your iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod Touch into a virtual phone with a real U.S. or Canadian number. FreeTone uses WiFi to provide free online calling, and if you already use 3G, 4G, or LTE data on the go, your new phone number is available 24/7.
Contrary to similar apps, you do not have to pay anything or earn credits to call any U.S. or Canadian number, whether they use the same app as you do or not. Watch out for their fine print; FreeTone charges you nothing to make phone calls to US or Canada phones, landline and cellular.
What makes FreeTone different?
• FREE own private number for your smartphone and tablet
• FREE calls to all U.S. and Canadian phone numbers, independent of area or carrier
• FREE texts (real SMS messages) to all U.S. and Canada phones
• EASY to sign up using your email, or with your Facebook or Google account
• EASY to access your account across all mobile devices
• EASY to invite friends & family for free calls anywhere in the world
• BETTER calling quality and network speed among VoIP providers
• BETTER battery usage for maximum battery efficiency
• BETTER than Skype, Viber, Hangouts, Pinger, Talkatone and other calling apps*
Why is FreeTone the ultimate free calling app:
• Sign up with your email or simply with your Google account or your Facebook account
• Get your own unique FreeTone phone number when you sign up
• Place calls from your own FreeTone phone number
• Make free calls outbound, and enjoy FreeTone minutes inbound
• Receive and send text messages (SMS) from your own FreeTone number
• Easily find your Facebook friends on FreeTone
• Talk freely with contacts in your Google Plus circles
• Enjoy FreeTone’s exclusive high speed VoIP technology with your private online phone
• Enjoy Free HD Voice and Video Calls to other FreeTone app users
• Record and send high quality voice notes to your friends
• Send and receive large pictures & videos from your iPhone/iPad/iTouch to any device
• Enjoy group texting features & share text, photos and videos easily with your friends
• Stay online with active push notifications and never miss an important text
• Invite your friends via email or share using other apps
* FreeTone is better than other calling apps, because:
• Unlike the Skype app, you do not have to pay for calling real numbers in the US or Canada
• Unlike the Viber app, your contacts do not have to be Viber users to be able to call them for free
• Unlike the Hangouts app, you do not need to have a Google account to sign up
• Unlike the Pinger app, you do not have to earn credits to make phone calls to the US or Canada
• Unlike the Talkatone app, you do not have to buy new outbound minutes for unlimited calling
FreeTone offers you the ultimate high quality online calling experience as the best FREE Internet phone available. Unlike other free phone apps, you do not need to earn or pay for calling credits. FreeTone uses VoIP technology to connect you with real phones. Simply call any US or Canada number for free, landline or mobile.
- Limitations apply
- Subject to FreeTone’s Terms and Conditions
- For outbound calls to the US and Canada, calling is free with FreeTone
- For inbound calls to your personal number, the first five hundred minutes are complimentary, with the ability to receive calls to your FreeTone number for a minimal extension fee
Help us improve FreeTone: http://textme.zendesk.com
What's New in Version 2.8.1
• Improve quality and reliability
• Enjoy the FreeTone experience totally ad-free with our new "Remove ads" InApp purchase
• Got annoying phone calls, want a new areacode? Change your phone number for a brand new one!
• Not using FreeTone frequently but want to keep your number nevertheless? With our "Keep your number", now you can!
Solid VOIP, saves you when you have NO CELL SERVICE
I find myself in the time of Groveland in December of last year. I discovered that if you try to make phone calls or use messaging using the standard apps on the iPhone or iPad, your messaging and phone calls will fail as the apps need a brief handshake before they can use the Wi-Fi.
I tried several voice over IP applications that do not require the handshakes such as Google voice, Line2, Lingo, Vonage, and various others. I was informed by my receiving parties that the voice clarity, volume, and lossless transmission was significantly better using FreeTone. Also, as the name implies, it is free to use and easy to setup, even if you don't have an IT background.
So, before you head off into the boonies, if you anticipate the need or desire to make or receive phone calls or text messages, take the time to sign up with FreeTone. My second choice is Line2 as it handles call screening, handling, and/or forwarding with a very user friendly GUI
We just got back from Sea Ranch, near Gualala, and once again FreeTone was the best quality even on the really poorly configured wifi that was being stomped on by a neighbor on the same channel...So add a portable pocket sized wifi access point/router and you will cover all bases!
I would give it a 5 star rating except the call handling is inferior to Line2.
Good texting (no pictures tho), calls often garbled,
This is a great ap for texting via wifi and it will easily save you $20 from your phone bill. ($20 for texting, AT&T? Highway robbery!) In fact, if you feel like you need a home phone, its worth trying this before you pay for one, as long as you have a backup for when the calls are scrambled, such as Skype (for use w/ friends and family) or another cell. I keep a cheap prepaid phone on hand for long distance travel and forgo paying for a regular cell phone altogether, since most of the places I go have wifi. It would be optimal if every call was clear but I do it because it saves me on the $100/month extortion for using my smartphone with either AT&T or Verizon (neither of which seem to realize that they are no longer monopolies). The savings are worth having to stand next to my router to get the clearest free/cheap calls w/ this ap.
Wow💩this Is super cool🌟I can text my friends and call for free I can even FaceTime no need for paying now you can do all this for free😻BUT you need wifi I think they can make it better by not having to have wifi or internet connection this way if you are in trouble and you have no wifi or internet you can still call📲📲📲 So many apps can get more reviews if they done this📊📈📉so really think about it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: TextMe, Inc.
- ©2014 TextMe, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 TextMe Credits$1.99
- 40 TextMe Credits$0.99
- 500 TextMe Credits$8.99
- Remove Ads for 1 Month$1.99
- 1000 TextMe Credits$15.99
- Remove Ads for 1 Year$4.99
- Animal Sound Pack$0.99
- Fun Sound Pack$0.99
- New number!$1.99
- Keep your number$1.99