Markdown is good because it is plain text, you can open and edit it anywhere and anytime. It can be converted to various format documents easily. Markdown is bad because you have to remember the markdown syntax. With TextNut, you don’t have this worry. You write just like with a common rich format editor. TextNut will convert them into markdown on-the-fly. If you are familiar with Markdown, it is add-on, with a powerful markdown editing mode, you must have a joyful writing experience!
###### We have iOS app for iPhone and iPad ######
# The intuitive two editing mode, switching seamlessly.
- Whatever you never used markdown or you are markdown lover, switching between them on-the-fly, without losing your text formatting
# Standard without ambiguities
- As you may know, the original markdown has a weak and ambiguous description. Fortunately, CommonMark specification solved this. TextNut is 100% compatible with CommonMark.
## Main Features ##
* Organise your documents by library in tree structure. Drag and drop to manage the documents
* Manage markdown documents from your local folders, or import them into TextNut managed library.
* Global searching
* Export or preview in PDF, HTML, RTF together with images
* Browse all versions
* Fully customisable themes with optional background images
* 100% compatible with CommonMark specification at markdown editing mode
* The intuitive rich content editor using markdown syntax
* A beautiful Zen mode
* Formatting popover when selecting text
## More Features ##
- Automatically saves your documents as you work
- Powerful and smart copy & paste. Copy content to rich, plain text or HTML. Paste with rich or markdown format.
- Filters with searching keyword
- Supports advanced markdown for images, footnotes or tags.
- Drag and Drop image to popover. Easily resize images
- Clickable help panel to apply formatting easily
- Smart list and quote auto-indent for both rich and markdown editing
- Zoom in and out text
- Heading outline popover to help you find text easily
- Tags managed documents
- Contextual tips appears as you type
- Word and character live counts
- Configurable font and line height
- Publish to Wordpress, Blogger or Medium in one click
A well designed software to save your time and make you fully enjoy the writing experience.
Visit our website at http://www.textnutwriter.com. Get in touch, I’d love to hear from you.
Fix sorting by title issue.
Fix enable iCloud screen display for High Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, with a Lot of Room to Improve
I’ve been questing for a new writing app for a bit, and I found this guy buried in the app store. In a lot of ways it doesn’t exactly blaze new trails, but what it does mostly works. The core part of the app, writing, is good. I could be better, since it gets a little laggy, and there are some visual glitches when using typwriter mode, but it basically works.
It’s a good overall presentation, though I wish the option to add custom backgrounds was a thing. What the app really needs, though:
- The ability to set writing goals
- Notes, either inline or via attachments (kind of like Ulysses/Scrivener)
- A place to add images, other than inline. I like images as references or supplements, not necessarily in the body of the text.
I got this app a couple days ago, it worked fine, It was the best test note writing app I ever seen till I deleted something very importante by accident and it will not let me undo it!!!!
Wow! Very Impressive. My New Go-To Mac Markdown Editor
Updated to more accurately explain import-export to 1Writer iOS editor:
TextNut has just become my go-to Mac Markdown editor for three reasons:
1. Excellent integration of tasks into the writing flow.
This is perfect for my narrative driven work organization and management style. I write stories that put work into context. Tasks and checklists are essential for crystalizing and managing the execution of required work for myself and others. The task management feature provides an interactive three-stage task status indication (open, in-progress, complete). Each state is toggled by successive taps of the task checkbox and provides clear visual indicators of each stage.
2. Promising interworking with 1Writer for iOS.
Multi-device operation is a key for me as I use my Mac, iPad, and iPhone equally. The lack of an iOS version was an initial negative for me — especially after the developer, Dapeng, honestly and bravely told me not to buy TextNut if an iOS version was a near term requirement for me. I was impressed by his honesty and purchased TextNut strictly on principle to support someone who clearly wanted to serve his customers more than he wanted to make a buck. I was very impresses when I downloaded the TextNut 1.1 update and discovered the the Export as GitHub Flavored Markdown preserved much of the formatting (including checkboxes and open and completed checkbox states - but not in-progress) between TextNut and 1Writer. As a result, I now have a decent cross-device solution using TextNut on my Mac and 1Writer on my iPad and iPhone. Moving edited docs from 1Writer back to TextNut is not as seamless as going from TextNut to 1Writer, but this is not a show-stopper for me.
3. Excellent Developer Support.
There are many App Store developers who provide awesome, responsive support. TextNut is no exception. My emails were answered propmptly, clearly and with honesty. That says a lot and that means a lot to me. I am confident that I will be using TextNut for a long time — with or without an iOS version.
Thanks to TextNut and 1Writer I finally have a workable cross-device solution that perfectly matches my work style!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.