textPlus Free Text + Calls : Free Texting + Free Phone Calling + Free International Messenger
By textPlus, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
textPlus -- the downloadable alternative to expensive mobile phone plans.
- Free texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Really cheap phone calls to any number in the world.
- Free texting and calling textPlus-to-textPlus (70 million people have downloaded textPlus).
- Works great over WiFi, too, so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
Why keep paying for expensive mobile phone plans when you can switch to textPlus and get:
- Unlimited free texting to anyone in the US or Canada.
- Local + international calls for literally pennies to anyone at any number, even if they don’t have textplus.
- Free app-to-app texting and calling.
- A free phone number.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
textPlus is also perfect for:
- WiFi texting and calling.
- Turning your iPad, iPod or Tablet into a phone.
- Replacing your home phone, especially for those with bad cell coverage.
- Keeping in touch with friends and family around the world.
- Cheap International calling.
- World travelers who don’t want to deal with expensive international calling plans or SIM cards.
- Saving tons of money on your cell phone plan.
Free Messaging and Calls:
- Call or message any other textPlus user in the world for free.
- Get a free phone number that you can use for free SMS texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Group chat with your friends.
Your Global Phone. Free & cheap calls anywhere in the world:
- Make HD-quality calls from any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection.
- Save up to 10x on international calling vs. major carriers and other calling services.
- No up-front costs, contracts or hidden fees.
One textPlus account across all of your screens:
- Your textPlus inbox lives in the cloud, so your conversations are always in sync.
- Receive incoming calls and messages on any of your devices.
In-App Subscription Details:
- Low cost annual subscription for unlimited calls to US/CA phone numbers
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
Questions? Email email@example.com
What's New in Version 5.6.11
Improved conversation view for iPad users
Bug fixes and performance improvements
This App is a Great Concept Id recommend it if It was usable for calling clearly! Every call attempt I've made I get Static on both ends from My IPhone on a 4G network then keeps dropping calls. The Texting is good but slow in receiving and reply time. But if your looking for a long Distance even international calling service You can't beat this App and It's Prices. If only they could get the glitches fixed it would be great! Then another bothersome thing is they're CS is Relentless to get you to read the post, messages, or Even just to go to the site and check on it. Even after you check it messages keep coming. Rather Annoying. But It's Ignorable if you just check every week for news and Post or calls to keep your number. Thanks TextPlus for This App and Your Concept to Super Calling, Texting to Anywhere in the Nation. World Actually! Many Blessings!
Concerned But Semi Satisfied Customer. Gabino Arizola
Great for Texting, Bad for Ads & Recieving Pics
You want free text/talk, right? Well then you can't complain too much about this app because its text and voice service work fairly well. I wish ads didn't pop up at random when I'm about to text someone and I wish I could receive picture mail. I also wish my long messages weren't chopped to pieces upon sending (or if they are they could at least be sent in chronological order).
So yeah, I'd give texting a solid C because of the ads, the choppy texts, and the lack of being able to receive photos. I'd give the voice service a B- since I have had some issues with dropped calls even when sitting right next to my router.
Good Texting App
I've tried other texting apps for my iPod Touch and so far this has been the nicest to work with compared to others. It's free and I got to pick my own phone number back in the day when it was free to pick one and it's a local one that's super easy to remember. The app does go a little overboard with the ads which can cause it to slow down and take a while to load but it's good overall. Texts are sent and received instantaneously. It would be nice if picture messages weren't sent as links and that pictures from non TextPlus numbers could be received but the app does what I need it to do.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 5.6.11
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: textPlus, Inc.
- © textPlus, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- $1.99 in Calling Credits$1.99
- Premium Number - 1 Year$0.99
- 40 Minutes$0.99
- 100 Minutes$1.99
- $0.99 in Calling Credits$0.99
- $5.49 in Calling Credits$4.99
- $10.99 in Calling Credits$9.99
- Unlimited Calling US & Canada$2.99
- Remove Ads (1 year)$3.99
- $24.99 in Calling Credits$19.99