textPlus: Call & Text with SMS, MMS, Group Chat
By textPlus, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bringing you free texting, free picture messaging, calling and a free US phone number for nearly a decade! Works over WiFi or data to keep you connected with family and friends around the globe.
Textplus gives you:
- A free US Phone number so friends can call & text you (you pick the area code)
- Free texting (SMS, MMS + group chat) to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Ability to call worldwide
- Free texting and calling textPlus-to-textPlus (70 million people have downloaded textPlus).
- Works great over WiFi so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
Why keep paying for expensive mobile phone plans when you can switch to textPlus and save $$$!
textPlus is also perfect for:
- WiFi texting and calling.
- Turning your iPad, iPod or Tablet into a phone.
- Replacing your home phone, especially for those with bad cell coverage.
- Keeping in touch with friends and family around the world.
- Cheap International calling.
- World travelers who don’t want to deal with expensive international calling plans or SIM cards.
- Saving tons of money on your cell phone plan.
Free Messaging and Calls:
- Call or message any other textPlus user in the world for free.
- Get a free phone number that you can use for free SMS texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Group chat with your friends.
Your Global Phone. Free & cheap calls anywhere in the world:
- Make HD-quality calls from any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection.
- Save up to 10x on international calling vs. major carriers and other calling services.
- No up-front costs, contracts or hidden fees.
One textPlus account across all of your screens:
- Your textPlus inbox lives in the cloud, so your conversations are always in sync.
- Receive incoming calls and messages on any of your devices.
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
- NUMLock for 1 year $1.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 month $0.99/ Remove Banner Ads for 1 year $5.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free calls to Mexico (landlines) for 1 month $6.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free Calls to Mexico (mobile) for 1 month $29.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free calls to US & Canada for 1 year $19.99
- If you choose to subscribe to a plan, you will be charged a price according to the plan selected in your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- We do not Support 911 in the US
- In order to call for free any number in the US and Canada you need to earn free minutes (or purchase credits) within the App
- Free calls to numbers in the US are subject to some limitations, please see Nextplus Terms and Conditions
- If Push notification is not enabled, you may not receive messages and calls
Ads By Facebook:
Facebook wants to show ads that are relevant to you. We may consider ads for you based on information you share on Facebook and your use of other websites and apps. To learn more about this type of advertising and your choices about it, visit https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
What's New in Version 6.3.4
• Inbound phone calls are now better than even – be sure to update to the latest version of iOS to take advantage of our hard work!
• Improved handling of group messages sent to unsupported phone numbers
Need to fix bugs!
Where do I start.. I guess it gets the job done but it definitely has its issues. The notifications don't notify you right away. Actually it's a hit or miss if you get notified at all. It's usually days later, if that. I Don't see the point in being able to receive phone calls if the app has to be open and my phone unlocked in order to see an incoming call. A lot of times I make a phone call and the person can't hear me. I'll try to call back and they still can't hear me. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app and it still doesn't work. Sometimes my texts don't go through. I'll trying resenting it and there's a issue. There are just a lot of problems that need to be fixed.
Bare annoying but gets the job done
TextPlus gets the job done but it's slow and lagging. The calls patch through during the last ring so unless you have your phone in your hand and you move quickly, you miss calls. Then you can't call back unless you have credit. I've missed phone calls while the app was open and I was using it and never knew until I got a missed call notification. The App Store opens every time I open textPlus and try to text. The ads are always popping up and triggering the App Store. It's annoying.
Helpful for those without smart phone
This is very helpful for texts, less so for phone calls. It does take a while to load, and frequently the texts take a long time to deliver. I have used the phone call option successfully, but frequently the other person gets a ring, but no sound and assumes there is no one there. I detest texting on my old flip phone, so now there is an alternative.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 29, 2017
- Version: 6.3.4
- Size: 132 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: textPlus, Inc.
- © textPlus, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- $1.99 in Calling Credits$1.99
- Premium Number - 1 Year$0.99
- 99¢ in textPlus Credit$0.99
- 40 Minutes$0.99
- 100 Minutes$1.99
- $0.99 in Calling Credits$0.99
- $5.49 in Calling Credits$4.99
- Unlimited Calling US & Canada$2.99
- Remove Ads (1 year)$3.99
- $10.99 in Calling Credits$9.99