textPlus Free Text + Calls : Free Texting + Free Phone Calling + Free International Messenger
By textPlus, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
textPlus -- the downloadable alternative to expensive mobile phone plans.
- Free texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Really cheap phone calls to any number in the world.
- Free texting and calling textPlus-to-textPlus (60 million people have downloaded textPlus).
- Works great over WiFi, too, so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
**This Summer only, get 30 FREE minutes of calling from textPlus. Go to “Buy or Earn Credit” then watch our Summer video to claim your gift.**
Why keep paying for expensive mobile phone plans when you can switch to textPlus and get:
- Unlimited free texting to anyone in the US or Canada.
- Local + international calls for literally pennies to anyone at any number, even if they don’t have textplus.
- Free app-to-app texting and calling.
- A free phone number.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs..
textPlus is also perfect for:
- WiFi texting and calling.
- Turning your iPad, iPod or Tablet into a phone.
- Replacing your home phone, especially for those with bad cell coverage.
- Keeping in touch with friends and family around the world.
- Cheap International calling.
- World travelers who don’t want to deal with expensive international calling plans or SIM cards.
- Saving tons of money on your cell phone plan.
Free Messaging and Calls:
- Call or message any other textPlus user in the world for free.
- Get a free phone number that you can use for free SMS texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Group chat with your friends.
Your Global Phone. Free & cheap calls anywhere in the world:
- Make HD-quality calls from any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection.
- Save up to 10x on international calling vs. major carriers and other calling services.
- No up-front costs, contracts or hidden fees.
One textPlus account across all of your screens:
- Your textPlus inbox lives in the cloud, so your conversations are always in sync.
- Receive incoming calls and messages on any of your devices.
In-App Subscription Details:
- Monthly subscription: $2.99 USD per month for unlimited calls to US/CA phone numbers
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
Questions? Email email@example.com
What's New in Version 5.6.6
Registration has never been easier
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Hardly works at all, especially for phone calls
This app used to work pretty well. Lately it doesn't work at all. I get texts, but I never get a notification even with notifications turned on on my iPhone. I always have to go to the app to see if I got the text, and incoming phone calls never make my phone ring. If I'm not looking right at the phone with the App on the screen when a call comes in, I never know that the phone is ringing, I just see a notification later that I missed a call. Outgoing calls are terrible. Most of the time they don't connect at all, and when they do the quality is bad, and the call never last more than a few seconds or perhaps a minute before getting disconnected. It's gotten much worse in July 2014, and so have all my other VoIP apps. I'm starting to suspect that the recent problem is because Verizon is somehow blocking the VoIP apps from working when comes to making phone calls.
I'm not sure what happened in this new update but I am not a fan. Occasionally I don't get a notification that I got a message and I have to physically go into the app to check. This next part happens more often and is really frustrating. I'll get a notification that I got a text and when I open the app to read it it disappears. This wouldn't be an issue if the app showed names in notifications instead of phone numbers but now I have a text I can't respond to because I have no clue who it came from or what it said. I'm also not a fan of how only a certain number of messages are kept so you can't view an entire conversation. Please fix these issues it's becoming really irritating.
What happened to community chat?!
A few years ago this app was amazing. I really loved it, but not mainly for the fact that I could text an call specific people, but the fact that there were groups you could join and meet new people. I really enjoyed doing that and being able to talk to so many new people I met all together in a group. And then I went to update the app and all the sudden *poof* the group chat was gone. I was so distraught because I never got to talk to any of them again. I became very good friends with them. I deleted the app immediately and now a few years later, I thought I'd try it again to see if they're was a group chat, and look, there isn't. This app used to be amazing, then look what happened.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 02, 2014
- Version: 5.6.6
- Size: 20.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: textPlus, Inc.
- © textPlus, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- $1.99 in Calling Credits$1.99
- Premium Number - 1 Year$0.99
- 40 Minutes$0.99
- 100 Minutes$1.99
- $0.99 in Calling Credits$0.99
- $5.49 in Calling Credits$4.99
- Unlimited Calling US & Canada$2.99
- $10.99 in Calling Credits$9.99
- Remove Ads (1 year)$3.99
- $24.99 in Calling Credits$19.99