By Drone Creative
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TextScrub removes all formating from text on your clipboard. It scrubs away all font-related styling, leaving only pure clipboard text, ready for pasting. Additionally it can also normalize white spaces, remove tabs or empty lines, and you can even set up your own text substitutions.
Here’s how it works
Its super simple! Instead of doing a copy-paste, you just copy-scrub-paste.
TextScrub lives on the status bar and you can invoke it with a simple click, or by your own custom hotkey.
• Removes all formatting (such as font, color, size, indentation, etc.)
• Normalizes white spaces
• Removes empty lines
• Set up custom text substitutions
• Invoke with a simple click or with a keyboard shortcut
• Resolution support for Retina displays
• For OS X 10.7+
• Leave the 'To' field empty to change to nothing
• Regular expressions
What's New in Version 1.1
- Optimised for OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite
- Regular expressions can now be used for advanced text modifications
- An empty 'to' field now changes to nothing
Very Useful App
Changed my review from 4 to 5 stars for the update. I've had this app for over a year now and it's one of those that I use almost everyday. With the added feature of using regular expressions to alter/delete text (which the developer nicely informed me about in a personal email), this app has become even more powerful.