TextTool 2 - Transform Your Text
By Craig Pearlman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TextTool 2 is a full-featured text editor that brings desktop-class text manipulation to iOS. With 27 built-in text transforms and a powerful scripting engine, TextTool 2 gives you the power you've been missing.
TextTool comes with built-in text transforms for almost every need. Don't see what you need? You can write your own!
- Add/Remove List Markers
- Affix Text
- Change Case
- Comment/Uncomment Code
- Dedupe Lines
- Educate/Simplify Text
- Escape/Unescape Metacharacters
- HTML Entities to Text/Text to HTML Entities
- Indent/Outdent Lines
- Join Lines/Split Text
- Remove First/Last Line
- Sort Lines
- Spaces to Tabs/Tabs to Spaces
- Trim Whitespace
- URL Encode/Decode
- Wrap Text Cleanly
FULL-FEATURED TEXT EDITOR
POWERFUL SCRIPTING ENGINE
- Trackpad: Innovative custom trackpad for easy cursor movement and text selection.
- Search: Search your text and show matches in context (regular expressions supported).
- Scratchpad: A temporary "scratchpad" to store and manipulate text without affecting your document.
- Share Extension: Easily send text from other apps directly to TextTool with the ability to append, prepend, or replace.
- Themes: Comes with four app themes so you can choose the look that's right for you.
- Fonts: Choose from most installed fonts, including a number of fonts specific to TextTool.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Plenty of shortcuts for those who prefer using hardware keyboards.
- Line Editor: Special editor to easily arrange and organize your document.
- Organize Transforms: Don't like the default order for the transforms? Rearrange them! Organize them into tabs!
- Side-by-Side: Fully supports Side-by-Side and Slide Over on iPad (when available on the device).
- Markdown/HTML Preview: Preview rendered Markdown or HTML, choose from seven themes, and export themed results.
- Keyboard Accessory: Extra keyboard row to allow easily access all the characters you need.
- URL-Based API: Support for x-callback-url to integrate with your workflows such as those from Workflow or Drafts.
- Detailed Documentation In-App: All the documentation you need is available right in the app.
iCloud sync, VoiceOver support, localization, and much more!
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- The main editor text is now auto-saved. No more losing text!
- Replaced the Markdown converter. Can now choose the Discount or MultiMarkdown parser in Settings. This also solves Markdown conversion mishandling multibyte characters.
- Added the ability to print or send to apps that accept HTML from Preview.
- There is now documentation for URL scheme arguments (sorry about that, folks).
- An in-app review prompt (using Apple's new method) may show periodically for anyone running iOS 10.3 or higher.
- Enhanced the diagnostics returned from the Support Request option in Settings to better resolve problems.
- Scripts run from custom transforms will now execute and scripts included by the include() function will also work properly. (A one time conversion process will be run to enable this.)
- The font size value in Type Options will now properly update.
- It is now possible to use tabs, newlines, and carriage returns as replacement characters Search/Replace and other transforms. See in-app help for details.
- Change Case options no longer remove newlines.
- Naming/renaming custom transforms should now stick.
- The in-call status bar is now handled better on iPhone.
- Guarded against a number of reported crash conditions.
TextTool will bother you as little as possible for ratings or reviews, but they are extremely helpful to us. If you can take a few moments to leave a rating or review, it would be much appreciated.
Excellent Upgrade and Getting Better
TextTool 2 improves upon the first gen tool, offers a very reasonable and fair upgrade path, and has good support. What's not to like? If you need to manipulate text - get this tool or upgrade your copy of TT! Thanks for continued tweaks and improvements !
NO Textexpander Support Yet.
Still waiting on TextExpander support in the app. This used to be my "goto" app for any text manipulation. Not anymore. It just sits unused in a folder with "those apps". TE support = 5 Stars.
If you don't depend on TE in your workflow, then grab this app. The developer is fantastic.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 04, 2017
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Pearlman
- © 2016 Craig A. Pearlman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.