TextTool 2 - Transform Your Text
By Craig Pearlman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TextTool 2 is a full-featured text editor that brings desktop-class text manipulation to iOS. With 27 built-in text transforms and a powerful scripting engine, TextTool 2 gives you the power you've been missing.
TextTool comes with built-in text transforms for almost every need. Don't see what you need? You can write your own!
- Add/Remove List Markers
- Affix Text
- Change Case
- Comment/Uncomment Code
- Dedupe Lines
- Educate/Simplify Text
- Escape/Unescape Metacharacters
- HTML Entities to Text/Text to HTML Entities
- Indent/Outdent Lines
- Join Lines/Split Text
- Remove First/Last Line
- Sort Lines
- Spaces to Tabs/Tabs to Spaces
- Trim Whitespace
- URL Encode/Decode
- Wrap Text Cleanly
FULL-FEATURED TEXT EDITOR
POWERFUL SCRIPTING ENGINE
- Trackpad: Innovative custom trackpad for easy cursor movement and text selection.
- Search: Search your text and show matches in context (regular expressions supported).
- Scratchpad: A temporary "scratchpad" to store and manipulate text without affecting your document.
- Share Extension: Easily send text from other apps directly to TextTool with the ability to append, prepend, or replace.
- Themes: Comes with four app themes so you can choose the look that's right for you.
- Fonts: Choose from most installed fonts, including a number of fonts specific to TextTool.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Plenty of shortcuts for those who prefer using hardware keyboards.
- Line Editor: Special editor to easily arrange and organize your document.
- Organize Transforms: Don't like the default order for the transforms? Rearrange them! Organize them into tabs!
- Side-by-Side: Fully supports Side-by-Side and Slide Over on iPad (when available on the device).
- Markdown/HTML Preview: Preview rendered Markdown or HTML, choose from seven themes, and export themed results.
- Keyboard Accessory: Extra keyboard row to allow easily access all the characters you need.
- URL-Based API: Support for x-callback-url to integrate with your workflows such as those from Workflow or Drafts.
- Detailed Documentation In-App: All the documentation you need is available right in the app.
iCloud sync, VoiceOver support, localization, and much more!
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- The main editor text is now auto-saved. No more losing text!
- Replaced the Markdown converter. Can now choose the Discount or MultiMarkdown parser in Settings. This also solves Markdown conversion mishandling multibyte characters.
- Added the ability to print or send to apps that accept HTML from Preview.
- There is now documentation for URL scheme arguments (sorry about that, folks).
- An in-app review prompt (using Apple's new method) may show periodically for anyone running iOS 10.3 or higher.
- Enhanced the diagnostics returned from the Support Request option in Settings to better resolve problems.
- Scripts run from custom transforms will now execute and scripts included by the include() function will also work properly. (A one time conversion process will be run to enable this.)
- The font size value in Type Options will now properly update.
- It is now possible to use tabs, newlines, and carriage returns as replacement characters Search/Replace and other transforms. See in-app help for details.
- Change Case options no longer remove newlines.
- Naming/renaming custom transforms should now stick.
- The in-call status bar is now handled better on iPhone.
- Guarded against a number of reported crash conditions.
TextTool will bother you as little as possible for ratings or reviews, but they are extremely helpful to us. If you can take a few moments to leave a rating or review, it would be much appreciated.
Excellent Upgrade and Getting Better
TextTool 2 improves upon the first gen tool, offers a very reasonable and fair upgrade path, and has good support. What's not to like? If you need to manipulate text - get this tool or upgrade your copy of TT! Thanks for continued tweaks and improvements !
NO Textexpander Support Yet.
Updated Review. I would love to use TextTool 2 but unfortunately we are still waiting on TextExpander support in the app. How much longer sir?!? This used to be my "goto" app for any text manipulation. Not anymore. It just sits unused in a folder with "those apps". TE support = 5 Stars.
If you don't depend on TE in your workflow, then grab this app. The developer is fantastic.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 04, 2017
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Pearlman
- © 2016 Craig A. Pearlman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.