TextTool 2 - Transform Your Text
By Craig Pearlman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TextTool 2 is a full-featured text editor that brings desktop-class text manipulation to iOS. With 27 built-in text transforms and a powerful scripting engine, TextTool 2 gives you the power you've been missing.
TextTool comes with built-in text transforms for almost every need. Don't see what you need? You can write your own!
- Add/Remove List Markers
- Affix Text
- Change Case
- Comment/Uncomment Code
- Dedupe Lines
- Educate/Simplify Text
- Escape/Unescape Metacharacters
- HTML Entities to Text/Text to HTML Entities
- Indent/Outdent Lines
- Join Lines/Split Text
- Remove First/Last Line
- Sort Lines
- Spaces to Tabs/Tabs to Spaces
- Trim Whitespace
- URL Encode/Decode
- Wrap Text Cleanly
FULL-FEATURED TEXT EDITOR
POWERFUL SCRIPTING ENGINE
- Trackpad: Innovative custom trackpad for easy cursor movement and text selection.
- Search: Search your text and show matches in context (regular expressions supported).
- Scratchpad: A temporary "scratchpad" to store and manipulate text without affecting your document.
- Share Extension: Easily send text from other apps directly to TextTool with the ability to append, prepend, or replace.
- Themes: Comes with four app themes so you can choose the look that's right for you.
- Fonts: Choose from most installed fonts, including a number of fonts specific to TextTool.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Plenty of shortcuts for those who prefer using hardware keyboards.
- Line Editor: Special editor to easily arrange and organize your document.
- Organize Transforms: Don't like the default order for the transforms? Rearrange them! Organize them into tabs!
- Side-by-Side: Fully supports Side-by-Side and Slide Over on iPad (when available on the device).
- Markdown/HTML Preview: Preview rendered Markdown or HTML, choose from seven themes, and export themed results.
- Keyboard Accessory: Extra keyboard row to allow easily access all the characters you need.
- URL-Based API: Support for x-callback-url to integrate with your workflows such as those from Workflow or Drafts.
- Detailed Documentation In-App: All the documentation you need is available right in the app.
iCloud sync, VoiceOver support, localization, and much more!
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fix for a potential crash when triggering Document Options on the iPad in Split View.
We respect your time and your experience and we never bother you for reviews in the app. However, App Store reviews are helpful to us and greatly appreciated.
TextTool 2 improves upon the first gen tool, offers a very reasonable and fair upgrade path, and has good support. What's not to like. If you need to manipulate text - get this tool or upgrade your copy of TT!
NO Textexpander Support. Wow.
I can't even fathom how a text app is released with no support for textexpander.
Pretty much the best thing to happen iOS text editing, ever
- Workflow? Pffft.
- IFTTTT? Yawn.
- TextExpander (most recent version)? Insultingly asks for a subscription to use the same software as previous/TE 3 version of app.
If you already have Textastic, (which you should), you may wonder if something like TextTool 2 is necessary -- and that's very understandable. Textastic is THE best iOS text editor ever. Period.
Drafts is GREAT, and a close second to Textastic as far as price/cost goes.
(Coda by Panic is equally dominant if you don't mind paying a little more, same goes for Editorial.)
But TextTool 2, (ignore the first edition/version unless you already own it, buy the bundle because, you know, why not?), is THE PERFECT compliment to something like Drafts, Textastic, Editorial, or Coda. I strongly encourage anyone who lives and dies by their iOS text editing software on a daily basis to see the light and go with TextTool 2.
The second version by dev team, "Kairoos Solutios SL," is a quantum leap from the first version they released. It's lightweight, ultra-fast, and wonderfully convenient.
With this app, you rely less and less on various "one trick ponies" like Text Expander or IFTTT etc. It's ridiculously user-friendly and doesn't require much experience to see how ubiquitous it is with practically any iOS software. For those familiar with more advanced features, (read: you do a lot of writing in markdown, multi-MD, python programming, or all kinds of document/text syntax specific to your needs), TextTool 2 has what you need in spades. Novice or expert -- it doesn't matter. This app rocks for everyone. Enjoy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 25, 2017
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Pearlman
- © 2016 Craig A. Pearlman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.