By Craig Pearlman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TextTool is a text editor that makes it easy to manipulate text through multiple, built-in, powerful transformation options. If you've found yourself needing to sort, dedupe, split, join, change case, URL encode, or search and replace text, TextTool can help. With the use of a powerful API, TextTool can also be integrated into your complex workflows with ease.
* 28 different text transforms:
* Affix (add a prefix or suffix)
* Change Case (change to uppercase, lowercase, Sentence case, or Word Case)
* Comment/Uncomment (prefix lines with common source code comment characters or remove them)
* Encode/Decode (for URLs)
* Dedupe (remove duplicate lines)
* Entify/Deentify (applies HTML entities to text, such as "&" to "&" )
* List/Delist (prefix each line with a bullet, asterisk, hyphen, or number or remove it)
* Entab/Detab (translate tabs to spaces and vice versa)
* Educate/Simplify (add/remove smart quotes, hyphens, etc.)
* Escape/Unescape (for inclusion in text strings)
* Indent/Outdent (by tabs or spaces)
* Join/Split (join into one line or separate into multiple lines by delimiter)
* Pop/Shift (remove first or last line)
* Replace (simple search and replace)
* Regex (full regular expression support)
* Sort (sort lines of text)
* Trim (remove leading and trailing whitespace)
* Wrap (clean up text and word wrap it)
* Apply text transformations to all text in the editor or a selection only.
* Customizable options for many transforms.
* Ability to apply transforms by line of text.
* Multiple font options (fixed- and variable-width) and ability to control font size in-app.
* Ability to switch the text editor to and from fixed-width and variable-width fonts.
* Convenient gestures to aid editing, such as swipes to move by character.
* Full, multi-level undo support.
* Share text via clipboard, mail, message, or social services.
* Export text to other apps on your device via Open In.
* Universal app. Buy it once for both iPhone and iPad.
* All text transformations available via x-callback-url.
* TextExpander touch shared snippet support and support for fill-ins.
* Full support for external keyboards including keyboard shortcuts (and iOS 9's shortcuts discovery features).
* Fully 64-bit compliant.
* Fully supports iOS 9 and all iOS device sizes.
* Fully compatible with iOS 9's Side by Side and Slide Over.
* Detailed help and x-callback-url documentation available in-app.
We will never ask you for reviews in the app or include ads; however, an App Store review is greatly appreciated and helps future development.
Please do not submit support requests via the App Store as we cannot respond to them. Please use the in-app support option, the Contacts page on the Web site, or Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Corrects a crash under iOS 8.
Great App, responsive developer
Got this App as it does more with text than an App I already have.
Unfortunately this App crashed on my (slightly) older iOS version, but the developer responded to my email and fixed it.
Desperately needed tool
Wish I'd found this tool six months ago--absolutely indispensable.
The app has been abandoned.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Pearlman
- © 2013-2015 Craig Pearlman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.