Textual IRC Client
By Michael Morris
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Textual is an IRC client created specifically for Mac OS X. It was designed with simplicity in mind. Textual has taken the best of IRC and built it into a single client.
Textual provides many great features to make IRC more enjoyable:
• iCloud sharing across all your devices.
• Native fullscreen support.
• Multi-encoding support.
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts.
• Elegantly designed optional dark user interface.
• Customizable with community created styles.
• Growl and native Notification Center support.
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting.
• Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels.
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline.
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching.
• Inline media embedding. (Show images inline with chat.)
• Inline nickname colorization.
For advanced users, Textual also provides support for many
exciting features of IRC:
• Support for new IRCv3 standards.
• Full, native support for IPv6 users.
• SSL support with certificate validation.
• Client-side certificate authentication.
• Deep ZNC integration for power users.
• Direct Client-to-Client (DCC) file transfer support.
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) support.
• SOCK4 and SOCK5 proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Blowfish based encryption with automatic key exchange.
• Expandable using scripts written in AppleScript, Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, and Objective-C.
… and much, much more!
See http://www.codeux.com/ for more information.
What's New in Version 4.1.7
Minor maintenance update to fix the most common issues affecting Textual.
What Apple software used to be when Jobs was in charge
Hooray! Mike rocks. I don't know when that guy sleeps, as he seems to be constantly working to either improve Textual or to find workarounds for stuff Apple keeps breaking in the OSX. Texual is finally not crashing, which makes it the best IRC app for OSX. LimeChat, from which Textual spawned, is pretty good, but Textual takes it that extra step into what Apple used to be: quality, easy to use, beautiful, software. Kudos Mike, and thanks!
Works as expected
Textual works as expected on my Mac mini. The user interface is pleasing and I haven’t seen any problems with it yet. I really like how Textual highlights the entire line of a highlighted post instead of just the nick and themes and extensions are easy to write. This is a very nice irc client and well worth the money.