By Pier Lim
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"A very advanced FM Synth for your iPad." - Sweetwater iOS App Review
"A secret laboratory for FM mad scientists." - Modravoda
"..definitely one of the best sounding FM synths in the AppStore." - ipadmusic.com
"Probably the most usable and easy-to-program FM synth ever, anywhere." - thesoundtestroom
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
- Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
- No need for music theory - try it and you will see why!
- Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
- Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
- 32-bit algorithms and dsp routines
- Inter-app Audio : use TF7 in DAW apps like Garageband, Cubasis and Beatmaker 2!
- 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
- Access to every component in the algorithms
- 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
- Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
- Works with Audiobus out of the box
- NEW! In-app purchase Expanded Algorithms bumps up the number of operators from 4 to 6, and the number of algos from 7 to 39, with 3 new added effects.
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
What's New in Version 1.75
We are continually updating and improving TF7 Synth!
Improved inter-app operability with the following apps :
- Cubasis 2
Several days ago I came across TF7 in the App Store. Downloaded it. I'm running it on my 1G iPad Pro. Restored my two purchases. After experimenting (after watching the extremely basic tutorial) for a while, moved TF7 to my iPads Synth folder. Bought another expansion pack (now I have the main ones; 1, 2, & 5).
The app could use a more detailed tutorial. The one critical feature TF7 is missing is note hold or note latching (that allows toggling on/off per note instead of the rather useless toggle all off at once type note holding). With all the modulation and FX TF7 has , tying ones hand to always playing limits your live play tweaking.
I gave the app two more stars. It'll stay on my iPad now but more as a limited use FX device w/o the note hold feature.
You can make, tweak and modulate some real cool sounds with TF7!
On my 4th Gen iPad, if I change the sound quality from medium to either low or high, the app freezes. Deletion/re-installation makes no different. Needless to say that I won't being paying to upgrade to Pro version.
If the developer is reading this....
Great sounds and features, the only issue for me is that when ever I play it with my irig keys midi controller, I have to navigate thru a menu to enable it in midi settings, I'd like to not have to enable it every single time. Otherwise nice job.
Great sounding FM synth! A genuine touch screen instrument as opposed to the usual virtual piano interface.
Never has there been an FM synth that is easier to program. This developer is responsive to customer needs.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 1.75
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pier Lim
- © Tenacious Frog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 * Essential * Pro Upgrade$3.99
- 2 * Essential * Expanded Algorithms$2.99
- 3 Chaos Arpeggiator with Presets Pack$2.99
- 4 Weird and Wonderful Presets Pack$1.99
- 5 Enhanced Possibilities Presets Pack$1.99