"A very advanced FM Synth for your iPad." - Sweetwater iOS App Review
"A secret laboratory for FM mad scientists." - Modravoda
"..definitely one of the best sounding FM synths in the AppStore." - ipadmusic.com
"Probably the most usable and easy-to-program FM synth ever, anywhere." - thesoundtestroom
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
- Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
- No need for music theory - try it and you will see why!
- Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
- Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
- 32-bit algorithms and dsp routines
- Inter-app Audio : use TF7 in DAW apps like Garageband, Cubasis and Beatmaker 2!
- 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
- Access to every component in the algorithms
- 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
- Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
- Works with Audiobus out of the box
- NEW! In-app purchase Expanded Algorithms bumps up the number of operators from 4 to 6, and the number of algos from 7 to 39, with 3 new added effects.
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
We are continually updating and improving TF7 Synth!
Improved inter-app operability with the following apps :
- Cubasis 2
Ratings and Reviews
Several days ago I came across TF7 in the App Store. Downloaded it. I'm running it on my 1G iPad Pro. Restored my two purchases. After experimenting (after watching the extremely basic tutorial) for a while, moved TF7 to my iPads Synth folder. Bought another expansion pack (now I have the main ones; 1, 2, & 5).
The app could use a more detailed tutorial. The one critical feature TF7 is missing is note hold or note latching (that allows toggling on/off per note instead of the rather useless toggle all off at once type note holding). With all the modulation and FX TF7 has , tying ones hand to always playing limits your live play tweaking.
I gave the app two more stars. It'll stay on my iPad now but more as a limited use FX device w/o the note hold feature.
You can make, tweak and modulate some real cool sounds with TF7!
On my 4th Gen iPad, if I change the sound quality from medium to either low or high, the app freezes. Deletion/re-installation makes no different. Needless to say that I won't being paying to upgrade to Pro version.
So good, amazing sound but IAA does not work
This synth sounds amazing, I would have bought for just one preset, a string sound that is so so nice!
I gave it two stars in the hopes that I could get support, otherwise I would give it 5. I wanted to record that string patch using IAA in GarageBand however I couldn’t because I hadn’t bought the pro package so I purchased it and then tried recording but the sound was awful. Completely unusable and not the actual sound I intended to record. So I feel duped out of my money. I tried resetting both apps multiple times and restarted my iPad with the same poor results. Hopefully this can be fixed.
Otherwise I really really love the sound and am happy to have it but this issue needs to be fixed.
Nice synt with a great virtual keyboard
Would be nice to see
- dropdowns for long lists (tunings for example)
- the simple glissando option for the keyboard, along with whammy and vibrato
- a possibility to use symmetrical tuning for the virtual keyboard, along with current “two rows over octave”
- Pier Lim
- 26.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tenacious Frog
- In-App Purchases
- 1 * Essential * Pro Upgrade $3.99
- 2 * Essential * Expanded Algorithms $2.99
- 3 Chaos Arpeggiator with Presets Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.