"One of the best apps or even vst ive heard in ages. i have most of the good sounding apps, i put this near, and sometimes better than the korg odyssey app. The arpeggiator is a real bonus on it own." ~octamike (on discchord.com)
TF8 Synth is a professional virtual analog synthesiser that melds superior synthesis algorithms with iOS technologies.
It is built with usability in mind, for live playing and for recording.
Features (modifiable with Purchase of Pro Pack) :
- 2 Main Oscillators (Saw, Square, Sine, Triangle and the coveted Roland-inspired Supersaw)
- 2 Sub Oscillators for each oscillator to give that added extra oomph
- 1 Noise Oscillator for some extra sizzle in the sound
- Hard sync, Frequency Modulation, Ring Modulation and Cross Modulation oscillator modes
- 2 State of the art pure sounding filters, which can be used in series or parallel
- 2 LFOs for modulating almost any parameter in the synth
- 1 ADSR Envelope for the synth output
- 1 ADSR Envelope for controlling the filter cutoff frequencies
- 10 powerful effects comprising of Compressor, Distortion, Stereo Delay, Stereo Reverb, Reverse Delay, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Quad-Phase Phaser, Tube Distortion and Equalizer and Unison.
- Arpeggiator, time-step, velocity, gate with plenty of fun arpeggio patterns.
- Audiobus and Inter-app Audio for inter-app operability.
- Ableton Link can be used to sync arpeggiator and bpm-syncable effects.
- Midi controllers and midi in from other apps supported.
- Knobs are controllable via midi cc.
- Midi Out - use TF8 Synth as a midi controller!
From the deepest basses to the highest crystal bells, TF8 Synth sounds great, and is sure to be a worthy addition to your iOS music production arsenal. Best enjoyed with headphones.
- Fixes a bug with the poly/mono setting not being set in certain cases
We are committed to improving TF8 Synth. Thank you for the support.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a few changes but TF7 and TF8 are awesome
Update: landscape mode stopped working. The keys dont press when in landscape.
First: regarding the changes - settings change with preset. This is a drastically helpful update. It drove me nuts to completely build a tone and arp again because i changed the preset sound.
Let alone changing the key back to boring C major again.
BUT..why cant the settings STAY after you close it?
I have to go back into the settings to make it keep these new settings back off. Or just default to all of the changes to presets being off. Its more natural. No one really should WANT the entire thing to change with a preset.
Midi: not sure what the problem was, but i know Audiobus 3 midi support is not available yet. It will load into midi slot but no sound goes through.
The arpeggio step sequencer is a little confusing with its flow of what plays and when. Maybe a little visual notification, or a blinking light when it plays. It takes too much fidgeting when building it.
Still requesting -
This to be less iphone and more of an ipad layout.
Fix the landscape look, should have controls. No one turns their ipad during performances.
I seriously do love both TF7 AND TF8. Its just on the line of being perfect, and those couple changes would make it consistently usable.
Thanks for your feedback Werdrath.
It is in our interest to get it up and running with Audiobus 3 as soon as the sdk is released!
Great but flawed
Synth has a decent sound and great presets. It's packed with lots of parameters to play with if you want to get into the thick of it. There are a few things that I would love to see.
A traditional keyboard would be spectacular. I somewhat dislike working with pads and think a keyboard would work better. Even as an addition.
Secondly, the settings don't save when the app is closed. It resets to default when the app is reopened which is frustrating. This means if you accidentally close the app and were working with the arppegiator, your work resets when you reopen the app.
This is a decent synth and well worth the price, but it still needs tweaking. It's been months since its last update. I hope the developer continues with it.
Awesome Synth App!!
After messing with this program for 20 minutes I bought the full version and it’s great!! Obviously there are limitations, but it’s a $4 program...get real!
There are tons of presets, and you can get in and customize all the settings. One complaint I read was about a lack of keyboard, but I much prefer the way it’s laid out; very intuitive and no need for keyboard knowledge. My daughter picked it up and played actual tunes without any training!
One thing to recommend is to put fave sounds in the “user” category as it’s time consuming to find them otherwise. Highly recommended!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.