By Pier Lim
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the best apps or even vst ive heard in ages. i have most of the good sounding apps, i put this near, and sometimes better than the korg oddesey app. The arpeggiator is a real bonus on it own." ~octamike (on discchord.ocm)
TF8 Synth is a professional virtual analog synthesiser that melds superior synthesis algorithms with iOS technologies.
It is built with usability in mind, for live playing and for recording.
Features (modifiable with Purchase of Pro Pack) :
- 2 Main Oscillators (Saw, Square, Sine, Triangle and the coveted Roland-inspired Supersaw)
- 2 Sub Oscillators for each oscillator to give that added extra oomph
- 1 Noise Oscillator for some extra sizzle in the sound
- Hard sync, Frequency Modulation, Ring Modulation and Cross Modulation oscillator modes
- 2 State of the art pure sounding filters, which can be used in series or parallel
- 2 LFOs for modulating almost any parameter in the synth
- 1 ADSR Envelope for the synth output
- 1 ADSR Envelope for controlling the filter cutoff frequencies
- 10 powerful effects comprising of Compressor, Distortion, Stereo Delay, Stereo Reverb, Reverse Delay, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Quad-Phase Phaser, Tube Distortion and Equalizer and Unison.
- Arpeggiator, time-step, velocity, gate with plenty of fun arpeggio patterns.
- Audiobus and Inter-app Audio for inter-app operability.
- Ableton Link can be used to sync arpeggiator and bpm-syncable effects.
- Midi controllers and midi in from other apps supported.
- Knobs are controllable via midi cc.
- Midi Out - use TF8 Synth as a midi controller!
From the deepest basses to the highest crystal bells, TF8 Synth sounds great, and is sure to be a worthy addition to your iOS music production arsenal. Best enjoyed with headphones.
What's New in Version 1.2
- NOTE: Adjusting the values of knobs has been changed from left-right to up-down, in line with the convention set by other synths.
- Improved precision of the knobs
- Arpeggiator knobs reflect the note, gate value and note velocity respectively
We are committed to improving TF8 and appreciate all feedback.
Big synth for the small screen
A very good sounding synth for iPhone with TF7's innovative keys/pads, I was only frustrated by the knob action before this update but now they work the way I would expect.
I hope to see an iPad UI in the future, along with patch editing access in landscape mode. I don't use my phone for making music and I use the iPad in landscape mode. I suspect I'm not alone in that.
Needs a few changes but TF7 and TF8 are awesome
paid the 4 bux but its not setup for audiobus 3 midi yet.
Until they clear it for Audiobus 3 , you will also have to get "midiflow adapter" , use Jakob Haqs tutorial. This still doesnt make it perfect though.
Sounds and capabilities are great, but move to iPad. This Iphone only thing is terribly juvenile. It gets old flipping and flopping ipad pros back and forth from portrait to landscape while performing.