Rand McNally Road Atlas
By Rand McNally
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Rand McNally Road Atlas has been the ultimate road travel accessory for over 90 years, allowing for dependable navigation and travel planning across the country. With the Rand McNally Road Atlas app, you get all the high-quality maps you would receive in our legendary paper road atlas on a digitally enhanced version for both iPhone and iPad. This includes:
• Updated maps from the 2018 Road Atlas for all 50 states, including Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
• No connectivity required after download.
• Detailed inset maps for large cities and national parks
• Pinch-and-zoom functionality
• Alphabetical drop-down list of all available maps
• Slide-out map legend for reference
As a bonus, two classic Rand McNally maps included at the end of the map list:
• 1883 Railroad Map featuring Chicago & Alton R.R.
• 1920 Railroad Map
What's New in Version 1.5.1
The 2018 edition includes the following updates:
• New maps of the popular and increasingly trafficked towns of Ithaca and Watertown, New York
• More than 450 individual country, state, region, metro, city, downtown, and National Park maps
• Thousands of additional updates
Good app with a little room for improvement
Over all I am pleased with this app. It serves the purpose of carrying a paper map and is easier to navigate. Did a 3000 mile road trip using this and was satisfied. It may not be interactive or show where the Starbucks's is but it will get you where your going! Hard loaded you don't have to rely on an internet connection which is nice since loosing cell phone service is the goal of most of my vacations!
I almost did not buy this due to some of the reviews but am glad I did.
This is a electronic version of the hard copy version just as advertised. It is easier to carry around and you can use your fingers to enlarge maps (at least on my iPad).
I don't need all the bells and whistles on this app. Just need to see a state just like the paper version.
This is a good app.
I think most of the negative reviews are from people who don't understand what an atlas is! This is a book of maps in a digital format. So instead of carrying around a huge paperback Rand McNally atlas you can pull up digital maps that you can zoom in on with adequate detail.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 17, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 638 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rand McNally
- ©2017 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.