The 39 Steps
By Faber and Faber
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Prepare to experience the original man-on-the-run thriller like never before.
Praise for The 39 Steps:
• Cubed3 ‘Step into the world of espionage as the literary classic is transformed into something truly special.’
• Observer ‘The most impressive example of interactive storytelling I've seen.’
• The Times ‘Immersive and atmospheric, it shows how progressive digital storytelling is becoming on the digital frontier.’
• 148Apps.com 'A visual and aural feast for interactive novel fans.'
• Gamezebo 'A wonderful adaptation that pays the highest respects to its source material.'
It’s London, 1914, and Richard Hannay is framed for a murder he did not commit. Now he must escape the capital and stay alive long enough to solve the riddle of The 39 Steps.
Immerse yourself in the world of this incredible story featuring:
• 100s of hand-painted digital environments and context from 1910s Britain
• Classic stop-frame animation and original silent film music
• Original soundtrack and theatrical voice performances
Developed by The Story Mechanics as the first of a new form of entertainment, The 39 Steps unites book and game to bring to life a classic spy adventure.
What's New in Version 1.1
— Fixes for language selection and “Show text” bugs —
This should not be refered to as a game. It is simply a very boring movie. The only interaction with the "game" is a few clicks here and there throughout the story. There is no opportunity to do any problem solving of your own. As one reviewer said, this is truly a snooze fest. Very, very disappointing.