The Alaska App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official Mobile Guide to Alaska's Best Places
Whether you're visiting Alaska or live here, The Alaska App is your ultimate interactive Alaskan discovery guide.
What makes this app different? You can:
• Interact: Spot a moose? Find a great photo location? Share it in real time—and browse other travelers' posts.
• Get Aerial Views: Curious what nearby mountains, valleys, or parks look like from the air? We've shot stunning fly-over videos from camera-mounted airplanes.
• See Weather Cams: View more than 600 weather cams throughout Alaska.
• Get Wildlife Info: GPS coordinates to hundreds of little-known wildlife-viewing locations most Alaskans don't even know about.
Plan Your Trip
• Guides:The best Alaskan hotels, cruises, tours, attractions, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife—plus tips on when to visit and where to go.
• Videos: 120 cinematic, custom videos of Alaska's best tours and destinations
• Expert Advice: What to do if you encounter a bear or moose, how to take great Alaska photos, and much more.
• Request free itinerary recommendations from local Alaska experts.
Get Insider Secrets
• Audio Guides: Bush pilots, park rangers, and wilderness guides tell you about their favorite places.
• Hot Spots: We'll direct you to the best glaciers, mountains, parks, trails, scenic viewpoints, ghost towns, and wildlife-viewing spots.
• Cabins, RV Parks, Campgrounds: See photos, sort by amenities, and make reservations.
• Best Restaurants: Search 1,500 dining and nightlife spots by cuisine, price, family-friendly, romantic, and more.
App store reviewers call The Alaska App one of the best travel apps:
• "All travel apps should use the Alaska app as a model..."
• "I've lived here my whole life. This app has taught me things I never knew."
• "Nowhere else have I found an app with this much useful, intuitive, and accurate info..."
Download this free app today!
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• New content for 6 new destinations! Travel to Nome, home to the Iditarod finish line in Alaska’s arctic region. Drive the scenic highways, discover the gold rush history, and revel in a birders paradise. Or, catch an air taxi or ferry to Southeast Alaska’s lush temperate rainforest to discover the hidden gem towns of Kake, Pelican, Tenakee Springs, Elfin Cove, and Angoon.
• Filter events by date and destination so you can easily find the event most relevant to you, whether that’s a guided walk in Denali National Park or a music festival in Chicken, Alaska.
• Improved share options to Facebook and Twitter so you can easily share pages within The Alaska App with your friends. If you write a post or submit a photo of your vacation to The Alaska App, you can share that too!
• Ability to download audio guides in advance. Download when you’re connected to the internet and listen while you’re out exploring! Just make sure that your phone isn’t on silent, or else the audio guide will not play aloud.
• See our support page at alaska.org/app or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
GREAT informational app!
Loved loved loved this app. We traveled around the Kenai Peninsula and up to Denali and always found great stuff using this app. It has all sorts of great recommendations and we learned a lot about Alaska. Also great for my kids to listen and learn about flaura, fauna, history and sites we were visiting. Highly recommend to anyone traveling (or living) in Alaska. Wish there were more travel apps that were as good as this one!
This app is a hidden gem
I used this app for driving from Seward to Anchoarage and then to Denali. A gold mine of info! It told me things to see and do and had interesting stories about the places along the way. I wish I knew about this app before I came to Alaska. There's a travel guide on the home screen with great tips for when to come, where to go, what to do, etc. Thanks for all the hard work!
The real deal!
There is so much information and value in this app. Haven't seen another travel app like it. Videos are professional. The advice they give is helpful if you're planning a trip.