A pocket type-writer of finest manufacture, at an incredible (and limited) price!
Until May the 20th, 2015, all Amazing Type-Writers will be sold at the rock-bottom price of $0.99! This deal can not be beat! Get yours today! Get one for your mum! Get a dozen! You can afford it!
- Record your thoughts & textual doodles for posterity on high-quality cardstock!
- Post your cards to the prestigious Typewritten Gallery!
- View the works of others, and unabashedly type on their cards!
- Promote & post your favorite cards by "pressing-and-holding" any work on the Gallery!
The engineers at Doormouse Mfg. have at last combined the latest in mobile pneumatic tubes technology with the highest-quality typewriter swing-arms available—and for a fraction of the price of the competition.
Only a limited number of the Doormouse Mfg. Amazing Type-Writers will be produced. Don't miss your chance to own the highest-quality pocket-sized type-writer currently available!
Made in the USA - No patents pending - Consult your analyst
Doormouse Mfg. recommends all Amazing Type-Writer owners contact your local dealership or service station for regular, completely gratis, warranty servicing. In addition to standard lubrication and tune-ups, an official Amazing Type-Writer repairperson will provide your Type-Writer with several new mechanisms:
- Full compatibility with the newest Operational Systems;
- Dynamically reconfigurable typehead and cardsurface, to support larger mechanisms currently in fashion: as large as 4.7" (size 6) and 5.5" (size 6+), as well as the "classic" sizes 4 and 5;
- Improvements to pneumatic tube operations: guaranteed fewer clogged tubes and mangled cards;
- General fixes for jams and non-operation situations;
- Completely complimentary spit-polish.
Repairs and upgrades performed through an authorized Amazing Type-Writer reseller or certified service station are fully warrantied and guaranteed. We cannot be held liable for unlicensed repairs or aftermarket modifications. The Doormouse Mfg. Amazing Type-Writer contains materials known to the state of California to cause cancer. Limit one per customer. No substitutions. 11 11 23 5 7 17
Ratings and Reviews
Neat idea, but needs a bit more
I definitely get the goal of this app--to create the classic typewriter experience. The thing is, even before the days of computers, there were ways to fix mistakes when typing. White-Out, correction tape, I even remember ink that could be erased with a pencil eraser. So, while this app succeeds in replicating the abstract experience of using an old typewriter, the reality was different from what we get from this app. In other words, a delete-character option would be a welcome addition. Hey, you could even do it in the form of a correction tape option or something similar. For now, it's just too frustrating to use. Great idea, though.
Much better than the rest ...
A very well designed app. Contrary to that In-app-purchase extravaganza of the Hanx Writer, this one does what it says on the tin. And it does that with a vengeance. So to all those naysayers out there: This app is a toy, it's supposed to be fun. It's not a tool, even if it sometimes feels like it. Any Word processor can replicate the look of a typewriter, so why should one need an app for that?! Use this app to be creative, and enjoy the workflow. It's great!
Now, if they could make an iPad version and add some decent export options (hires png maybe?), this is a winner.
As someone who grew up learning how to type on a typewriter, this app brought a genuine smile to my face. Too many people complain about not being able to delete their mistakes on this. Welcome to our world, princess. Now that Facebook and Twitter have turned lazy spelling into an art form, it actually brings me pleasure to see so many people getting frustrated by having to do things right. Thank you.
- Doormouse Mfg.
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Doormouse Mfg.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.