By Slap Happy Larry
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• “The artwork is rich and beautiful and the animated interactions are imaginative and fun.” - New York Times
• “Overall this is a phenomenal digital app that takes storytelling to another level.” - Digital Storytime
• “A beautiful, resonant story about the way we leave behind childish things...” - Kirkus Reviews
• “A captivating transformation of a teen, with great re-readability…” - Curated Book Apps For Kids
• “The Artifacts is highly sophisticated, provoking thought at several levels…” - iPad App Reviews by Gill Robins
• “Everyone has been asking, “Where are the story apps for tweens and teens?” Well, here’s one for them. Will they respond to it? You bet.” - School Library Journal
• “The Artifacts is a celebration of the power of individual thought and imagination. It is at the top of Bloom’s triangle. I highly recommend it for middle school iPads.” - Literacy Journal
The Artifacts is a brand new, original picture book created especially for iPad/iPod Touch and iPhone.
Designed for children aged 4 and up, this is an interactive picturebook about a boy called Asaf who loves to collect.
It is inspired in equal parts by: childhood collections of bizarre and unlikely things, memories of moving house, the minimalist movement, and the joy of creating imaginative worlds of one’s own.
READ *THE ARTIFACTS* AND EXPLORE ASAF’S IMAGINATION:
• Tap the screen to make Asaf’s collections appear
• Help him to find treasures on bin-day
• Race with his leaf-munching caterpillars
• Day scenes change with a tap into exciting, creature-filled nights
• Rub-to-reveal Asaf in a wizard’s basement, or brushing his teeth in a steamy mirror
• Watch his mind fill with books as he reads in the library
• Or floating around on a tiny planet in space…
• With 21 hand-drawn pages, the narration plays automatically to keep readers immersed in the reading experience.
• Narration and sound effects can each be turned off from the main menu.
• Beautiful music score, composed by New Zealand musician Chris Hurn especially for this story.
• We believe young readers deserve immersive, non-commercialised reading experiences even in the digital age, so we will never advertise new products from our main menu or from within the story. This means young readers can enjoy our stories without accidentally navigating away from the app and onto the Internet. If you would like to keep up-to-date with our latest projects, please ‘like’ us on Facebook, or check out our webpage (accessible in-app only from an unobtrusive About Page).
• This is a universal app, so buy it only once to read on your family’s various iPad/iPod touch/iPhone devices.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-12.
Categories: Book, Entertainment.
Please share your review below. We’d love to know what you think!
For comments, suggestions and technical issues, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.6
* Removed some scribbled patterns that some users thought looked like words.
* Fixed some incorrect rotation bugs on iPod and iPhone devices.
Could be better
Nice story, but graphics is primitive and the story itself is short. Meh. The moon is my favorite interactive kids book so far
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 24, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 135 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dan Hare
- © Slap Happy Larry
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.