The Australian app has been redesigned with a host of new features including improved navigation, story sharing and saving, and rich interactive stories. Delivered to your iPad and iPhone every morning, browse stories just like reading the paper, with interactive features, full screen galleries and video.
Subscribers to The Australian have access to:
· Award-winning journalism: news from Australia and around the world – leading opinion, commentary and analysis from the most experienced journalists and correspondents and trusted sources including The Times of London, The Wall Street Journal and The Economist.
· Market-leading business coverage: The Australian Business Review each day in The Australian includes comprehensive coverage across every sector - Companies and Markets, Financial Services, Commercial Property, Business Gossip, Mergers & Acquisition
· Unrivalled weekly industry coverage: Media, IT, Higher Education, Technology, Legal Affairs and Aviation
· The Australian’s magazines and in-depth sections, including Review, Inquirer, The Deal, WISH and The Weekend Australian Magazine as well as special liftouts like Mansion Australia.
· Challenging mind games with daily crosswords from The Times and Sunday Times plus Sudoku puzzles and the daily general knowledge quiz
· Browse online, offline, anytime
· Full access to the digital print edition, a digital replica of the paper exactly as it was printed, including all magazines and liftouts and access and store previous editions.
Please note: This App supports iPads & iPhones on iOS9 and above.
NB: Please be advised that with the release of Version 6.0 and our improvements to the Digital Print Edition platform user's archive of Digital Print Editions will no longer be available to view.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features
1: Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $33.99 per month and receive your first month FREE.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
2: Subscribers to The Australian with digital access may login to the app when prompted using their subscription credentials.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Voiceover functionality added to App
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to read offline.
I anticipated that if I download the paper at home, I should be able to then read it offline on the bus or train but stupidly, the app wants to reconnect online before allowing you to open the app. Extremely frustrating and disappointing. Why bother having the download feature at all. Please fix.
I start the app and then have to wait ages while the latest edition loads. And they expect me to pay $15/month but I also get saddled with intrusive advertising. And I mean really intrusive. Like go to an article and get taken to an ad page first!
You need to have a good look at how The Guardian have implemented their newspaper. And you need to get it on Newsstand on iOS 5 so at least the latest edition downloads in the background and is ready for me to read when I want it.
I signed up for a 3 month free trial but if this is what I get I'm not signing up for the real product. It's not worth it.
Once again it is good to see the Australian adopting features from the Wall Street Journal app from its News Corp parent. The app itself an excellent app, and is a real improvement on the previous version. It is finally good to be able to share articles from all places in the app.
- News Digital Media
- 122.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nationwide News Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Australian App $23.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.