The Bard's Tale
By inXile Entertainment
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★★★★ #1 RPG in 63 countries on iOS, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China! ★★★★
★ Sync your saved games between Mac and iOS! ★
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through song you summon magical characters to join you on your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions to the original PC version:
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves*—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across all your Mac installations and your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
• Time-Savers*—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Full Screen Toggle—Cmd+F toggles between windowed and full screen view.
• Supports USB gamepads and sticks for controllers in addition to mouse/keyboard.
•Adaptive Rendering—displays at full native monitor resolution with user-accessible performance options**.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
Mac OS X adaptation by Square One Games.
Minimum System Requirements
• OS X 10.6.6 or higher (10.7 required for some features*)
• 3.6GB Hard disk space
* OS X 10.7 required for iCloud Saves and Time-Savers (in-app purchase) features.
* * Lowering display resolution may be required for best performance on some pre mid 2007 Mac models.
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below. For the latest news, “Like” us on our Facebook product-page “The Bard’s Tale”, and follow us on Twitter @Inxile_Ent.
What's New in Version 1.3
Adds support for Korean, Russian and Polish language subtitles.
Laugh till it hurts
Very enjoyable game, great writing, good humor, fun galore. One thing I would like to see is a downloadble instruction manual, the web sit has the information printed in white text on a black background so when I tried to print it I wet may paper with so much black ink it stopped the printer. Or course while playing the game I wet myself with something other than ink. Well worth it… still playing and can't wait to see what happens next. How come this is not listed in the role palying game section in the ap store? So much nasty fun they are hiding it perhaps. Thaks for putting it together and kudos to the song writers, actors, programers and all. Thanks for th Beer Song, my new theme.
Poor gameplay, but some of the scenes are funny
The only reason I scored this as high as I did was because some of the scenes and quotes were funny. The interface is awkward, and some of the fights are a little overpowered. The one thing that aggravated me was getting kicked out of town and then I can't go back and rest and get hitpoints back until I do his silly quest. Nor can you save the game, because you can only save at certain places in the game. That was what really aggravated me, because sometimes I have to quit and go (work reasons). If that happens, I lose my progress in the game. Ya, it's just a game, but it's still annoying as heck. Let me save whenever I want to! I was going to give this a 2, but the inclusion of the original Bard's Tale was worth getting a star back. That alone is worth the price.
Love the humor, and the song at the tav. Great game play. good story line. on the other side it is the humor i like the mose bout this game. Hate it when your key cmd is all over the board. Makes it difficult for a gamepad. Fist RPG i played where the narrator made me laugh. Kinda wants to make me stand around all day listening to his comments.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 30, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 3.21 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: inXile Entertainment
- © 2004-2012 inXile entertainment, inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Discover Lost Silver Mine$2.99
- Bard Epic Transformation Training$2.99
- Coin Clipping Kit$0.99
- Talent Boot Camp$2.99
- Best Armor: Armor of Llyr$2.99
- Best Sword: Ravensteel Broadsword$2.99
- Receive Inheritance$0.99
- Trow Map Collection$1.99
- Best Bow: Ddraig Goch$2.99
- Bard Training$0.99