The Bard's Tale
By inXile Entertainment
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
#1 RPG in 63 countries on iOS, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
* Sync your saved games between Mac and iOS! *
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through song you summon magical characters to join you on your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions to the original PC version:
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves*—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across all your Mac installations and your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
• Time-Savers*—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Full Screen Toggle—Cmd+F toggles between windowed and full screen view.
• Supports USB gamepads and sticks for controllers in addition to mouse/keyboard.
•Adaptive Rendering—displays at full native monitor resolution with user-accessible performance options**.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
Mac OS X adaptation by Square One Games.
Minimum System Requirements
• OS X 10.6.6 or higher (10.7 required for some features*)
• 3.6GB Hard disk space
* OS X 10.7 required for iCloud Saves and Time-Savers (in-app purchase) features.
* * Lowering display resolution may be required for best performance on some pre mid 2007 Mac models.
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below. For the latest news, “Like” us on our Facebook product-page “The Bard’s Tale”, and follow us on Twitter @Inxile_Ent.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Resolves launch issues on certain Mac models running OSX Yosemite.
- Adds language support for Italian!
supported languages are now: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Polish.
In App Purchases Buggy - Cause Gampley Issues
DO NOT PURCHASE THE IN-APP UPGRADES THAT ENHANCE ATTRIBUTES!
They will make your character too powerful for some of the quests (having to lose a bar room brawl for instance), which stops the gameplay as you won’t be able to complete those quests and continue the game. Tried reloading an earlier saved game and repurchased a few items (weapons) thinking they would restore. They re-purchased instead. The game lacks a Restore Purchases option (like every other game or app seems to have these days) . I should never have to pay more than once for any of the item upgrades no matter homw many times I play (I can see paying for consumables as needed, but not character upgrades, armor and weapons). So now I’m screwed out of the game purchase and the in-app upgrades purchases unless I want to start again, which will of course wipe out all the upgrades I purchased.
Should they get this resolved I will update this review, but until then beware that there are some serious issues.
One of the best games ever.
I orginally played the Bards Tale on PS2 many years ago and we stil talked about it a decade later. I was thrilled to see it released again on OS X. It has the funniest story line and the dialog has us rolling. It is a great game that everyone should play just for the pure fun of it.
The game is bringing back the nostalgia in me. Just like the original for PS2 and XBOX but with much better graphics. Gameplay is fun and the controls are easy and respond accordingly. Awesome music and humorious situations. Well done and enjoy.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 3.21 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: inXile Entertainment
- © 2004-2012 inXile entertainment, inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Discover Lost Silver Mine$2.99
- Coin Clipping Kit$0.99
- Bard Epic Transformation Training$2.99
- Best Armor: Armor of Llyr$2.99
- Trow Map Collection$1.99
- Talent Boot Camp$2.99
- Bard Training$0.99
- Receive Inheritance$0.99
- Best Sword: Ravensteel Broadsword$2.99
- Best Bow: Ddraig Goch$2.99