The Big Moving Adventure
By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an app for families coping with a recent or pending move, which will help teach your child about what to expect when relocating.
Make moving fun with Sesame Street's The Big Moving Adventure! Your young child (ages 2–5) can create his own muppet friend and help him or her through the moving process, including: Hearing the news, packing, saying goodbye, expressing feelings, traveling, exploring the new home, and making new friends. The Parents Section contains more detailed tips and suggestions on these same topics to help families who are in the process of relocating.
• Customize a muppet friend and help him/her move to a new home.
• Decide which toys and books to pack in a box, and which special comfort items to bring along in a backpack.
• Explore different ways to say goodbye to people, places, and things at the old home.
• Choose how the muppet friend could be feeling about the big move.
• Color in a postcard from toys as they travel on the moving truck to the new house.
• Explore the new home and unpack toys and books from the moving truck.
• Meet new friends at the new home, including some familiar, furry faces!
The average military child moves about 6 to 9 times between kindergarten and high school. Moving can be stressful for all family members, but children are especially vulnerable to changes in routine and environment. The Big Moving Adventure app was created to help children prepare both physical and emotionally for any type of move.
• Familiarizes children with important moving steps like packing, traveling over a distance, and getting used to a new room.
• Models different ways to say goodbye to people and places.
• Helps children explore their feelings about moving.
• Introduces strategies for making new friends.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children’s media with the landmark Sesame Street. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org
• This app is part of Sesame Workshop’s ongoing efforts to support military families and encourage the development of resilience skills in all young children. For more information and resources for military families, visit MilitaryFamiliesNearAndFar.org.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
Optimization and bug fixes.
Educational and fun!
Loved the bright colors and fun sounds of this app! It not only gave me ideas of how to approach the big move with my kids but it also gave them a chance to interactive and see how fun moving can be! Definitely a must have app for a moving family!!
My 22 month old son loves this game. Only a few days ago I guess after the last update the sound disappeared. I tried downloading it on another iPad thinking there could be a problem with his iPad but it's the same thing. Please fix this bug because if it wasn't for that I'd give it five stars. My son tries to play it and gets very upset when he realizes there's no sound.
Boo you stink!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 26, 2015
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 56.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- © 2013 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.