By Majic Jungle Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
The Blockheads is a huge exploration, creation and survival game where the possibilities are endless.
Play offline in single player, or easily create and join online worlds to play with friends and family, or explore thousands of unique worlds created and hosted by other players.
Start with almost nothing and explore, craft, build and trade your way to steam trains, electric elevators, and even jet packs, titanium swords and carbon fiber armor.
- Explore an infinite number of worlds filled with oceans, caves, deserts, mountains, forests and floating sky islands
- Build massive structures with the materials you find
- Trade with other players in an ever changing global economy
- Battle other blockheads in PVP worlds
- Lay rail and create jumps for speedy rail hand cars or create a rail network for easy transport by train
- Create an array of solar panels to power your oil refinery, and craft carbon fiber and fuel for your jetpack to explore the skies
- With content always being added, The Blockheads is continuously evolving, and there is more to come
Warp your first blockhead through the portal and get exploring now in the growing phenomenon that is The Blockheads!
What's New in Version 1.6
The TAKE FLIGHT update!
This update takes your blockheads to the skies with the awesome new JETPACKS. With new ores, workbenches, items, plants and blocks, 1.6 adds a whole load of new stuff to find and do. There’s also a fancy new lighting engine, and it’s now up to 2x quicker to mine and craft, so you can get started in new worlds much faster!
- JETPACKS! You’re going to need a lot of oil, titanium and electricity to make one, but then YOU CAN FLY!
- New floating islands in the sky! These will appear in new worlds, and in unexplored areas of existing worlds.
- New hanging vines, and colorful tulips
- Mining/digging speed with bare hands and primitive tools is now faster
- It’s now twice as fast to craft all items!
- New shaders and lighting for an improved look
- Adds platinum coins (worth 100 gold each), as well as platinum ore, ingots and blocks.
- Adds titanium ore, ingots, blocks, armor, swords and pickaxes.
- Adds carbon fiber blocks and armor
- Adds glass and black glass stairs and columns
- Adds a new electric press which is faster than a normal press, but also allows you to crush stone into gravel and gravel into sand
- Adds the new electric sluice, which sifts through gravel to find ores
- Adds ownership signs, which protect a 31x31 area so that only the assigned player and admins may modify it.
- All columns and stairs are now crafted at the builder’s bench, which replaces the stonemason’s bench
- Plants and trees grown in compost no longer die of old age
- Compost is now created at a compost bin, and can be made out of most organic items
- Ores are now clumped together into larger deposits
- Back walls are now only created if there is another solid block or back wall within 10 blocks below
- Back walls can now be removed by using the correct tool for the block type
- Text now appears black on light painted signs or shops
- Workbenches and portals can only be upgraded by admins or the owner of that workbench.
More ideas that can happen in the blockheads!
Awesome game! I've been playing the day it came out! I've remembered almost all the recipes in this game, to the exact number materials you need! I want to meet some one from the creators, though I know that will either be impossible or VEARY rare. Meet them in the game. The new update should have cars in it, guns, of all sorts, my personal favorite is the sniper. Add in more animals more machinery more electricity, machinery. The one thing I really want in this game there to be space, a moon with ores u can't find on earth. And the only way to reach the moon is buy building a rocket ship. And I hope u can make the ship to where u can't buy it in the trade portal. And add other planets to fly over too if you have enough fuel. Along with different space suits. Ones that are easy to make but can't hold air for so long. And be able to make space suits that can have air for an extremely long time up to the best space suit the never runs out of air( it holds a plant in it). Add candy, sugar, chocolate, and other sorts of that kinds. To temporarily boost your energy like coffee. But the candy brings up the happiness. Also add medication that can heal a full bar oh health with one use, and continues to heal after wards. I have plenty more to add but I think this review is long enough. My permanent user name in BlockHeads is "davic" simple and short and easy too remember! Thank you for reading this if any one has from the creators.
AMAZING GAME!!! (And a few recomendations)
Ive played this game since it came out, and LOVE it!!! It has everything from fruits, ore, donkeys, scorpions, but its so small compared to what you could do with this game... I love the fact that there are locomotives and tracks to get to places, but you should also be able to make cars that run on gas or water. Another thing i would suggest would be a JETPACK!! Fly around and even go up into space!! If we are able to build up into space, we should be able to reach the moon, right? That would be something to look forward too! And for the underground magma, i havnt been able to get close enough to put it in a bucket yet, so that would be another great thing to have... And last but not least... ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you already have 4 animals now, but why stop there? You could have elephants, hippos, lions and cheetahs in the savanah, polerbears and penguins in the north pole, whales and barracudas in the ocean, and bugs on land!! I know i said last, but i still have 2 more things to say, candy and guns.. Candy does what coffee does, but also lowers your health bar by a little and highers your happiness too!! The guns would also be great for when im in the desert because the scorpions over-spawn and theres about twenty of them coming at me!!! ( lizards would be good too) KTHNXBAI
Great game...period. Here are considerations i recommend you take
I just started this game just before the take flight update, and i wanted to say that i should be ashamed of myself for doubting this game for its fun-ness... I mean... JETPACKS! COME ON!! JETPACKS!! And these advanced machinery and cave trolls! This game is just too fun! I cant hate this game! At all!... Well not at ALL... A bug recently came up to me when i was watching a video for time crystals until it goes black and now is black whenever i watch a video. But unknownly... sometimes there is like an arrow in a circle to download this item...that alliws me to get time crystals but even THAT rarely goes on anymore so i have to find and mine crystals...😧 Anyway please fix and i wanna say a server called jetpack city made by cavetrollgirl is very awesome... I suggest adding this realistic thing that when you hold a light source, light surrounds you until you hold something else and the radius of the light depends on what light source your holding (example: holding a torch has a smaller radius than holding an oil lantern) and the color depends on what light source you're holding too (another example: holding a ruby gives red light while holding an emerald surrounds you with green light) well thats my review! Please consider these things I've said and make blockheads better!😉👍
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 19, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 75.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Frampton
- © 2014 Majic Jungle Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Age Of Time Crystals$0.99
- Epoch Of Time Crystals$4.99
- HD Texture Pack$2.99
- Era Of Time Crystals$9.99
- Eon Of Time Crystals$24.99