The Boston Globe ePaper
By Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The ePaper is a full replica edition including articles and pages as they appeared in print, including the Sunday Comics.
• The ePaper is free for Boston Globe digital subscribers and many print subscribers. Simply sign-in using your BostonGlobe.com account.
• To connect your BostonGlobe.com account, enter your Boston Globe account information on the Subscriber Login page.
• One-month subscriptions are available for $14.99 per month. One-month subscriptions automatically renew at $14.99 per month until cancelled*
• Read stories in the Page view or Article view.
• Share articles via email and social media.
• Recent back issues are available for download from the archive by tapping "More".
*Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
**Progressive download has been disabled for iPad 2 and iPad mini (1) and will be restored in a future update of the app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.2
Bug fixes and improvements.
Just nope. Needs Apple News support already
The Boston Globe sure has had its fair share of problems lately, but the fact that they're not really embracing the digital age at all is just sad. This app crashes constantly and just hasn't worked for me for over a year. However, I don't even need to use it anymore anyway since now I use Apple News for all of my local news needs. There are plenty of other local Boston based sources that are just fine. All of the major US papers are on it except for the Globe, it seems, which is really strange and disappointing. Now that Apple News will support subscriptions this year, I'm hoping the Globe will finally get on it, but considering their track record, I don't have high hopes at all.
A total fail
I had to upgrade from the actually usable, navigable older version I used on my iPad 1 - now I must suffer the unbelievably lame, bug ridden, reading app I have ever used. Navigation is maddening, unresponsive to repeated swipes, the page display at the bottom is illegible And disappears when I touch it then takes me nowhere. I could go on. An unsightly embarrassment to the Globe people - the latest update did nothing to fix any of the dysfunction of this useless ereader - is anyone at the globe reading these reviews? For chrissakes fix this thing! And apologize to all of us victims of your incompetence. Def not nearly enough said...
Crashes before it even opens
I get a white loading screen for a few seconds, then it crashes/closes. There is no error message or clue to what the problem is. I have the iPhone 6 with up to date iOS. I've tried removing, rebooting and reinstalling the app with no luck. Tried on mobile network and wifi. The old version 4 of this app worked well, but it seems the 'new from the ground up' version 5 should be still be in beta. Any way to get version 4 back?
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 09, 2016
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- © The Globe Newspaper Co. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Boston Globe$14.99
- Boston Globe Single Copy$0.99