The Boston Globe ePaper
By Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The ePaper is a full replica edition including articles and pages as they appeared in print, including the Sunday Comics.
• The ePaper is free for Boston Globe digital subscribers and many print subscribers. Simply sign-in using your BostonGlobe.com account.
• To connect your BostonGlobe.com account, enter your Boston Globe account information on the Subscriber Login page.
• One-month subscriptions are available for $14.99 per month. One-month subscriptions automatically renew at $14.99 per month until cancelled*
• Read stories in the Page view or Article view.
• Share articles via email and social media.
• Recent back issues are available for download from the archive by tapping "More".
*Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
**Progressive download has been disabled for iPad 2 and iPad mini (1) and will be restored in a future update of the app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
- Save text size in article view
- Optional auto removal of old editions
- Continue reading from last page read in the edition
- Swipe page while zoomed in
- Improved downloading
- minor bug fix in this version
Crashes resolved, happy again
Good response from tech support when I had trouble with the new version (hint- clear the app cache within the app itself, not through iPad Settings). That seems to have cleared the app crashes I experienced.
Use the support function inside the app to report problems, don't just post here. It emails them diagnostic info about your iPad that helps them troubleshoot.
As someone who reads this on the train and downloads every edition to my iPad I'm excited for the changes in the release notes. The app was unusable the last couple days after I upgraded but seems good now.
Years of frustration
It's really disappointing that the globe has not developed or fixed their apps to deliver a reading experience that folks deserve. All other papers seem to have learned, iterated and provided newspaper apps that deliver a reading experience in the digital world. The app is extremely slow to start up, download unless it is late in the evening which is many hours after usefulness and reboots when it starts to choke on the network. I have been on many different wifis and connection speeds and it doesn't matter. The recent update has made it worse. I prefer my new news from globe as there is no other paper in Boston. However, I am navigating to ny times and WSJ. Come on globe please fix the app and get into today's world..... At a minimum speed up download.....
Much improved features in this update, but reinstall
This update adds small but welcome additions in navigation and sharing. I initially hated this app, but over time it's gotten better and better. We do not get a paper version of the Globe, so we depend on this app, so are pleased that they continue to work on it. For us, the app IS the Globe.
I did get crashes and hangs after first updating, but followed a suggestion here by another commenter to delete and reinstall, which fixed all that.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 19, 2016
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- © The Globe Newspaper Co. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Boston Globe$14.99
- Boston Globe Single Copy$0.99