The Boston Globe ePaper
By Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The ePaper is a full replica edition including articles and pages as they appeared in print, including the Sunday Comics.
• The ePaper is free for Boston Globe digital subscribers and many print subscribers. Simply sign-in using your BostonGlobe.com account.
• To connect your BostonGlobe.com account, enter your Boston Globe account information on the Subscriber Login page.
• One-month subscriptions are available for $14.99 per month. One-month subscriptions automatically renew at $14.99 per month until cancelled*
• Read stories in the Page view or Article view.
• Share articles via email and social media.
• Recent back issues are available for download from the archive by tapping "More".
*Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
**Progressive download has been disabled for iPad 2 and iPad mini (1) and will be restored in a future update of the app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.3.14
This build includes crash fixes and new functionality for hiding/showing the menu.
App has significant problems
1. The day's edition used to be available by 3 am. Now you're lucky if you see it by 5 am.
2. The new edition rarely shows up automatically. Usually I have to power my iPhone off and back on to see today's paper.
3. App continues to store old editions on your device, even if you tell it to clear all storage (it's wasting 5 Gb of my storage so far).
Switched from home delivery because it was always late, after 8 AM. same problem here . it also downloads automatically when I choose to only read it to save the space.
Much more stable
The current version of the Boston Globe app is much more stable than its predecessors. Kudos to whoever is responsible for the upgrade.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 30, 2017
- Version: 5.3.14
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- © The Globe Newspaper Co. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Boston Globe$14.99
- Boston Globe Single Copy$0.99