The app lets you explore the layers of the head from skin, muscle and skull down to the inner areas of the brain.
By using augmented reality (AR), the user gains an amazing insight into the tissues, structures and areas of the mind by moving the device around the special artwork provided.
Switch to virtual reality (VR) mode to view and navigate the inner brain structure. This can optionally be viewed using Google Cardboard.
The app provides an advanced and interactive view of the head and mind which is perfect for educational demonstrations, learning at home or just the enjoyment of finding out more about how our inner-selves work.
- Print out the artwork which is available at http://harmony.co.uk/project/the-brain-in-3d/
- In AR mode, point your device at the printed image.
- Use your device to navigate the 3D content.
- Switch on and off the various layers - you can animate the brain areas to open and close.
- Tap the different sections of the brain to learn more!
- In VR mode, use your device to explore the 3D content, with the option to use a VR headset.
- To use a VR headset, simply switch to the split screen view and insert your device into the viewer.
All feedback and thoughts for the next versions are very welcome and thank you for taking the time to enjoy our work.
• Virtual Reality mode lets you see the inner brain.
• Audio commentary provided by a medical professional.
• Performance, visual and user interface enhancements.
• Automatic AR and 3D mode switching.
• Capture screenshot and share.
Ratings and Reviews
Need to play with it a bit more, but it's great seeing the things in 3d. It says this is part of an anatomy series... Are there more like this?
Very interesting, well designed
Great job. What a helpful app
Doesn't do much
Just allows you to spin the brain around. No labels or information.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.