The Bump | Week-by-Week Pregnancy and Newborn Tracker
By The Knot Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Baby. We got this. Every week, The Bump, the award-winning site that helps you navigate and celebrate the joys of parenthood, provides real-time parenting advice through a feed of content personalized to the week of your pregnancy or your newborn’s development, including videos, calendar to-do items, a community of moms, your own belly photos and supportive articles created by our own expert editors. Now, when you ask, “Is this normal?" and "Is this safe?”, you’ll have the answers right in your hand.
The Bump app features:
● NEW! The Bump is the first Pregnancy App on the Apple Watch. Now you can see How Big is Baby, view your pregnancy calendar and swipe through a feed of your belly photos all from your wrist.
● NEW! The Bump Pregnancy and Baby have merged into one app! Now track your pregnancy and children all from the same app.
● Clean, intuitive design that focuses on keeping everything simple.
● Stream of expert articles, videos, Q&As, community posts and tools timed to the exact week of your pregnancy.
● Community forums that support over 15 MILLION moms and moms-to-be.
● Week-by-week checklist so you won’t forget a thing. And everything you check off on the app syncs with The Bump website and Apple Watch.
● Take belly and baby photos, see them unfold in a slideshow and share with friends & family.
● At least 1 in every 5 pregnancies results in a miscarriage. If it does occur, The Bump wants to do everything we can to support you during your recovery. First, The Bump is making it simple to change your status and remove yourself from all marketing in just a couple of taps. Second, we’re sensitive to what information you may want to receive when you come back to the app, so we put the power in your hands to decide the experience upon your return. We’re rooting for everyone who wants to become a mom, and much more is to come.
In the end, this is your app. Please submit your suggestions using our feedback tool from the “More” navigation, and tell us how we can make it better for you. We read (and frequently reply to) every suggestion, and each feature in this release is the direct result of someone just like you sharing her ideas for what would make the perfect pregnancy and parenting app. Make your voice heard!
What's New in Version 3.0.2
● Brand New The Bump Baby Registry! Browse our featured registry partners and get inspired from our Registry Guides! Then choose a retailer and start your registry. Come back to The Bump to manage and share all of your registries from one place.
● Small updates to our Guide section.
DO NOT GET THIS APP
WORST app a pregnant woman could get. Drama Drama Drama. This was the first app to come up on my App Store so I decided to give it a try. I originally liked it because it was simple to use it gave good info. The like didn't last long. There were so many technical glitches, my app was always messing up and frustrating me. The "size your baby" each week was neither consistent nor accurate. The worst part was the "community". Nothing but a bunch of forums full of bullies. Some women were nice but too many were not considerate at all of anyone else's feelings. It was crazy. The admins are no better, they are on the bully's side. They do nothing to stop the bullying and punish the person trying to stand up for the person being bullied. Don't get this app, there are plenty of others out there. Steer clear.
The content is pretty much textbook. The forums are full of so much redundancy but TheBump can't really control that except to ban anyone who so much as speaks up for themselves when drama breaks out. Trying to navigate the forum from the app is majorly annoying. There's about 7-8 stickies at the top of my birth month club so the first page is mostly that stuff. Every time you hit the back button after reading or commenting on a thread it scrolls you all the way back to the top. I didn't find a ton of drama in my particular birth month club but oh it's there. I've seen it in other clubs and it's such a shame that grown women, who are about to be mothers, can be so cruel to other women. Instead of finding empowerment here you may find yourself torn down.
Website is better
This app is terrible. When I open a thread on a forum, then hit the back button to return to the list, the topics are several days old. The refresh button doesn't work at all, so I have to exit the "community" section, then go back in again to see current forum topics. The forums are often crowded with repeat threads because it's hard for people to search to see if their topics have been covered recently. Just use the website if you can. It works so much better than this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 07, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Knot Inc.
- © XO Group Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.