By Ringier SA
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
When the natural wonder of producing kids does not work, things get complicated. Check out the latest, state-of-the-art issue of the collection, which closely follows an American couple’s journey to extend its family as well as the life of surrogates in India. You can also sample our FREE version!
The collection is the world’s first multilingual iPad magazine.
It was conceived, created, and designed exclusively for the iPad. It is a single-themed monthly magazine that offers in-depth and high-class journalism.
In each issue, the collection looks at all relevant angles of one topic with all media available for the iPad. Such media include text, video, photography (panoramic and 3-D), audio, animation, rubbing, and much more.
The topics are of global relevance. They are timely, and they are updated on a regular basis. The inaugural issue was on Prince William and the Royal Wedding and received rave reviews. It captures dashing young Prince William, the son of the late Princess Diana and the second in line to the throne. A glamorous wedding to Kate Middleton has turned him into a true global icon.
The collection’s second issue, “Global Baby”, explores everything related to reproduction. It takes two to start a family – or three, or even four. Take Rhonda and Gerry from Mesa, Arizona. They tried to have children for years – unsuccessfully. So, they hired a surrogate mother in India and they bought a donor egg.
Global fertility tourism has become a ten-billion-dollar business. the collection explains this business – and much more. With exciting interactive features, it looks at thousands of years of reproductive research.
Nature determines a baby’s gender – unless Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg is involved.
He has helped over seven thousand couples to have children of the gender they desire.
But is this okay? Five experts around the world discuss the legal and ethical issues surrounding reproduction.
The collection “comes close to being fit for a king,” as The Washington Post writes. “It’s simple and elegant.” It tells stories with “impressive graphics and much more breadth of content” than other iPad only magazines, writes Bob Tedeschi (NYT).
What does the collection offer?
• Each issue of the collection has three sections that cover one story.
• World-class editors and writers contribute material.
• Panoramic photos and immersive photography offer a deeper view inside each story.
• Professionals from around the world debate each topic.
• Video-documentaries from far corners of the world allow unique access.
• Interactive charts, info-graphics and clickable hot spots make the user’s experience truly unique.
• Audio comments guide users through fascinating topics.
• Each issue of the collection is a true collector’s item.
• All back issues remain available in the store.
You can subscribe to the collection.
How does the collection subscription work?
Follow the collection on Twitter: @Collection_Mag
What's New in Version 1.2
Improved compatibility with iOs 5.0
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 07, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German
- Seller: Ringier SA
- © Ringier AG, Switzerland
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.