The Columbus Dispatch
By The Columbus Dispatch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Columbus Dispatch app for your iPhone or iPod Touch gives you the newspaper named best in the state by the Ohio Associated Press in the palm of your hand.
Here’s “What’s In It For You” when you download the Dispatch app:
• The most comprehensive local news — as it breaks — from the staff that knows Central Ohio best
• The latest scores and the most comprehensive coverage of the Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, Crew, Clippers, Memorial and more
• Local, national and international political, business and entertainment news and opinions
• Breathtaking photos from our award-winning photography staff
• The ability to easily share stories via email and popular social networks
What's new in this version?
• Even more content, including videos, obituaries, movie times, gas prices, lottery numbers, flight trackers and horoscopes
• Brand-new design and navigation
• Customizable content tabs
• Real-time weather, school closings and traffic
• Requires iOS 5.1.1 or greater
What's New in Version 2.3.2400
In-place Video Play
Optimized video clip
Inline Ad Unit
Minor Bug Fixes
loyal reader has had enough
I have subscribed to the Dispatch since I moved to Columbus in1987. I have been an e-subscriber since the e-edition began. I have read the Dispatch on my iPhone since 2009. Why - now - do I suddenly have to sign in every single time I use this app? Why do I have to x-out a full-screen ad every time? I would gladly pay to get rid of the ads. I don't mind signing in -once. Please, Dispatch, don't alienate your loyal readers! I use Instapaper, reddit, lots of other apps that don't force me to sign in every time. (PS: at least give us a keyboard adapted for email addresses if you're going to make me type my email every time.) On second thought, don't bother. I can get my Columbus news through Google news alerts. I don't need your "rewards" - I need an app that respects my loyalty and doesn't treat me like an interloper who is trying to (gasp!) read your news without continually proving I'm a paying customer.
Removed this app
I have always had issues with the Dispatch app. Banner ads I can understand and live with. Then there were the pop-up ads when I switched articles. Then the pop-ups started auto-playing video content. Now they are forcing users to pay a subscription fee and they apparently still show all these types of adds.
They ran an article about a month ago that they won an award for best news website in Ohio. I checked the source and they were actually second, not first.
Whoever is in charge of electronic presence is obviously out of touch. No wonder the traditional news sources are dying off.
Lousy user experience
Pop up ads, auto playing video ads, more ads, and did I say lots of ads.... Can't seem to read a full article without getting bombarded with ads. Also have to login every time I use it. I can see logging in once and then having the app store the login... But every time? It's not like that is something that is technically difficult as most decent apps don't require you to enter your login every time. I guess the developers are total rookies or the Dispatch hates their customers to put them through this
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 2.3.2400
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Columbus Dispatch
- © 2015 GateHouse Media, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.