The Columbus Dispatch
By The Columbus Dispatch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Columbus Dispatch app for your iPhone or iPod Touch gives you the newspaper named best in the state by the Ohio Associated Press in the palm of your hand.
Here’s “What’s In It For You” when you download the Dispatch app:
• The most comprehensive local news — as it breaks — from the staff that knows Central Ohio best
• The latest scores and the most comprehensive coverage of the Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, Crew, Clippers, Memorial and more
• Local, national and international political, business and entertainment news and opinions
• Breathtaking photos from our award-winning photography staff
• The ability to easily share stories via email and popular social networks
What's new in this version?
• Even more content, including videos, obituaries, movie times, gas prices, lottery numbers, flight trackers and horoscopes
• Brand-new design and navigation
• Customizable content tabs
• Real-time weather, school closings and traffic
• Requires iOS 5.1.1 or greater
What's New in Version 2.3.2400
In-place Video Play
Optimized video clip
Inline Ad Unit
Minor Bug Fixes
loyal reader has had enough
I have subscribed to the Dispatch since I moved to Columbus in1987. I have been an e-subscriber since the e-edition began. I have read the Dispatch on my iPhone since 2009. Why - now - do I suddenly have to sign in every single time I use this app? Why do I have to x-out a full-screen ad every time? I would gladly pay to get rid of the ads. I don't mind signing in -once. Please, Dispatch, don't alienate your loyal readers! I use Instapaper, reddit, lots of other apps that don't force me to sign in every time. (PS: at least give us a keyboard adapted for email addresses if you're going to make me type my email every time.) On second thought, don't bother. I can get my Columbus news through Google news alerts. I don't need your "rewards" - I need an app that respects my loyalty and doesn't treat me like an interloper who is trying to (gasp!) read your news without continually proving I'm a paying customer.
Pretty much unusable
Hey, this is the first time I've ever been disgruntled enough to review an app!
You have to log in every time you use the app. Way too often there's an html error during this initial log in. If you do somehow manage to get properly logged in, there's a good possibility that after reading a few articles you'll receive another error message prompting you to log in again. (I don't know if you can actually log in in this situation because this is the point where I give up.)
I've used the app for about a year with no problems, but this is my first month as a subscriber since the Dispatch started requiring an account to read the articles. I will be canceling my subscription because this app is just too exhausting to try to use.
You can do better
An award winning paper that charges for e content needs to do better. Having to consistently log in after launching the app, day after day is annoying. Having to sign in again to open the e-edition after signing in and reading web content is annoying. Having no easy share capability that also includes LinkedIN is annoying and in my opinion poor marketing on your part. Sharing you content via the e-edition is frustrating. Trying to read well written local news should not be this difficult, especially when you are paying for the "privilege".
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 2.3.2400
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Columbus Dispatch
- © 2015 GateHouse Media, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.