By The CW Network
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The CW App is the only way to watch FREE EPISODES of your favorite shows whenever and wherever you want…and now you can watch on your TV! You don't need a subscription or password. Just install the app and stream the hit series Riverdale, as well as The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Jane The Virgin, The 100, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Originals and more. Missed last night's episode? Watch it now for free. Behind more than one? Catch up on the last five episodes aired anytime. And coming soon to The CW, get ready for Dynasty, Valor, Life Sentence and Black Lightning!
* CHROMECAST AND AIRPLAY SUPPORT: Big news. Now The CW App streams to your TV!
* FULL EPISODES: Watch the latest episodes of every primetime show the day after broadcast
* NO LOGINS: No cable subscription, no credit cards, no passwords. Ever.
* PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Get reminded when your favorite shows air and when they're available to watch in the app.
* EXTRAS: See previews for upcoming episodes, behind-the-scenes extras, cast interviews, and more.
* PHOTOS: Browse extensive photo galleries for episodic and publicity stills.
* FREE ACCESS TO CW SEED: Binge on new classics like Constantine and Forever, digital series like DC's Vixen, and every episode of Whose Line.
What's New in Version v2.14.0
The CW is constantly striving to refine the app and make the experience better for you, so we update often. Get the latest version for optimal performance and the most recent improvements. Thank you for streaming with The CW app!
This app currently does not cast to chromecast. When selecting to cast, it will show the CW app is connected, however when you select a show to watch, you receive a spinning wheel on the television. Then after a while it drops the connection and reverts back to your default chromecast screen - it does not even go back to the cw screen. Sometimes it will start playing the show on your phone after dropping the connection. As far as I can tell, there are no issues actually playing it on your phone but I really don't like to be in my home with an available television yet looking into my tiny phone screen to watch a show. That's just not for me so I really hope this can be fixed soon. Thanks.
Does what it needs to
I don't see why anyone is giving this app a bad review. I've never had a problem streaming a tv show. I have chrome cast and I stream to my tv a few times a week to catch up on my favoriteCW shows. Streaming is seamless unless my husband is also using the internet, but that's not an app issue, it's a slower internet speed issue. I love the app.
I love this app and it's great for watching newer episodes of shows! The thing is I have wanted to start watching riverdale and when I saw it was on the app for free I was so excited... but I can only find episodes 1-3 and then episodes 12 and 13. I really want to continue watching and not have to pay for it. Is this just because I can't find the episodes or is the app just used so people can watch the newer episodes?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 13, 2017
- Version: v2.14.0
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: The CW Network, LLC
- © The CW Network 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes