The Daily News provides continually updating news, sports and more local information in this application for Longview, WA and lower Columbia.
Now runs on the iPad® as well as the iPhone™ and iPod Touch®
• See the latest news, photos, and video on local topics including politics, sports and more.
• Share stories with your friends via email or Twitter
• Save stories to a reading list for offline viewing
• Receive notifications of breaking news
• Easily access the very latest news from broad categories
• Search through thousands of articles stored in The Daily News database
The app no longer requires a login to access a premium content section.
Branding, minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Oppressive ads and juvenile reporting
Like local newspapers, I’ve watched this app get worse and worse over time to the point it’s about useless. Having to watch 3 full 30 second commercials (at least mute the audio by default!) to read four snippets of articles written by high school sophomores (based on the quality of prose) is inexcusable.
If the ads don’t go away or at least get improved on so that they are less obtrusive then this app is headed to the trash bin.
Not so good
Not much info. Limited access. 29 second ads every time you go to another page.
Can I rate negative stars?
New update did not fix my previous issue. Just scrolling through the list STILL opens ads in Safari. Really annoying! Seriously...fix the darn app! As all other reviewers have said, you cannot even scroll through the list of articles or read an article without some ad tracker or the App Store opening. If you're going to have an app, MAKE IT WORK!!!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.