The Desert Sun Print Edition
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Desert Sun is now on the iPad and the iPhone! Introducing The Desert Sun Print Edition app, where subscribers can read The Desert Sun on an iPad or an iPhone with all the stories, photos and ads shown just as it appears in print. Subscribers can use their current account login to access current and back issues.
What's New in Version 2.5.50
This update significantly improves overall performance and adds operational enhancements to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- Taps are now more native! A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to size.
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second double tap returns page to default size. Pinch out to zoom.
- To change the default settings to your preferences, go to the Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use.
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth.
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming- To change the default settings to your preferences, go to the Options > Settings screen.
-Receive availability alerts for each new edition.
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
Sign in problem solved with update
The problem that seemed to require signing in almost every day seems to be solved, although it still crashes sometimes the first time you open it each day. Performs mostly okay, although sometimes there are some text garbling issues, but not a big deal. It would be nice if photos, which are pretty small, could be enlarged the way the text is. There is a continuing glitch with being able to see the comics on Fridays, but other days are fine.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 01, 2014
- Version: 2.5.50
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Gannett
- © 2014 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.