The Economist: US & World News
By The Economist
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
- Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
- Stay up to date on US & global issues, political developments, business and financial news
- Get comprehensive economic reports, a regular briefing on current affairs, science and tech articles and news on cultural affairs
- Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
- Save articles to read offline later
- Save and share your favourite articles via email and social media
-Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
Download the free app now and have the latest US and international news, business reports, political commentary and financial analysis at your fingertips, as well as insight into the world of arts and cultural affairs.
Haven’t made up your mind?
Key sections and benefits include:
• Each week’s issue available from 9pm London time every Thursday, with authoritative insight into the latest news about current affairs, from Brexit and the Trump administration, to big business mergers and driverless cars, and much more
• Download each issue to your device and read offline. Wherever you are, you can catch up on insightful news articles on current affairs from all around the world including US, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas
• Switch easily between reading and listening with The Economist in Audio. Download the audio edition to listen to each week’s issue of The Economist, read by professional broadcasters
• Purchase single issues in the app for world-renowned business news and economy coverage, including economic and financial indicators, world GDP data plus much more
• Store and access back issues
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
• The World in 2018 is now available within The Economist app. Install the app and scroll down through the issues to The World in 2018. Find out how big thinkers, industry leaders and Economist journalists predict 2018 will unfold.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition of The Economist for USD $45.99 or an annual subscription for USD $189.99.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
What's New in Version 4.1
- Added support for The World in 2018
- App should remember your place more frequently
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Why does this app keep getting worse?
The Economist digital department should get its act together, because the quality of the iPhone app denotes a crass lack of concern for subscribers. After the audio quality decreased, the play speed button has now been hidden (the functionality is still available if you know where to press, which is laughable). The menu is difficult to parse, because it does not summarize the sections anymore. Finally, how difficult can it be to release a version formatted for the size of the new iPhone X? I believe that developers would have gotten advance notice of the new phone’s specs.
The Economist is great, but the app needs tweaking.
95% of the time the app is fine. I read an article and have to remember my place often because the app won’t do it for me.
App shuts down sometimes, mild inconvenience because it only happens if I’m taking too long to read something. I actually like to read the economist with the audio playing. But the audio reads so unbelievably slow. Can we please add some speed options? Or can I play it through a third party player?
Add audio speeds and I’ll change to five stars.
I love The Economist but was told it was a “business decision” not to maintain the multiple speed player. Whatever happened to customer service. I listen to this app starting every Thursday and used to get through the entire magazine often within a couple days. Now it takes me a full week - to listen to other podcasts I have to skip parts of this one. Very disappointing for the best business magazine.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- The Economist$45.99
- The Economist $10.99
- The Economist$189.99
- The Economist November 12th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist November 11th 2017 single issue$7.99
- The Economist December 24th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist February 27th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist July 2nd 2016 single issue$7.99