The Economist for iPhone
By The Economist
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Our app is free to download
• Read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issues and analysis
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers access an essential global briefing on business, finance, economics, science, current affairs, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST/ 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using in-app purchase.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition of The Economist for USD $45.99 or an annual subscription for USD $189.99.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
What's New in Version 3.2.11
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Need to fix audio
The economist is a great app and has fixed many of the issue from 2016. It is one of my primary sources for news and I enjoy reading every issue. One request would be to keep my place across multiple devices. I listen to the audio version frequently on my personal phone, my work phone and my tablet. It would be terrific if each device knew my last position, whether read or listened too.
Economist app review
I have several magazine apps and none have the seamless look and feel, the fluidity and ease of navigating like the economist. It's superb. The auto download feature keeps me updated and whenever I get the time I read a few articles. The ability to share is also wonderful. Highly recommend
This is a generally excellent interface with which to access the illuminating content of the Economist.
One small gripe: while scrolling through text, one occasionally has difficulty bypassing tables or graphics and inadvertently opens them. This can make reading an exercise in skillful finger placement.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 26, 2017
- Version: 3.2.11
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- The Economist$45.99
- The Economist $10.99
- The Economist$189.99
- The Economist November 12th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist February 11th 2017 single issue$7.99
- The Economist December 24th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist February 27th 2016 single issue$7.99
- The Economist July 2nd 2016 single issue$7.99