The Economist for iPhone
By The Economist
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Our app is free to download
• Read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issues and analysis
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers access an essential global briefing on business, finance, economics, science, current affairs, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST/ 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using in-app purchase.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps.
* NEW *
You can now create your own playlist of audio articles, store and listen to anytime, anywhere.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 7.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
What's New in Version 3.2.2
- The app now notifies you that a new issue is available when you auto-resume into an older issue.
- Compatibility updates for iPad Pro.
- Fixed a bug where using the audio feature in the app would stop alarms from going off.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Best Magazine, Period
The Chicago Tribune described the Economist as the best magazine. I heartily concur. Don't be misled by the name, the Economist covers as broad a range of topics as Time Magazine: news, business, politics, science, the arts, and of course finance. They are especially good at providing the background and context you need to understand current events. And it's written in a clear, entertaining, and witty style. I've been subscribing for years. If I only subscribed to one magazine, it would be the Economist.
Love the audio
I gladly pay the subscription. I love being able to listen to each issue on my drive. There is so much interesting material that it generally takes me the entire week to listen to all of it. I also love that I can change the playback speed, especially being able to speed it up at 1.5 or 2x the pace that it was recorded at.
Great for news on the go
Design is clean and modern, easy to read and navigate each issue. The best feature is the audio version of each magazine, which is narrated by professional newscasters. Road trips are a breeze
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- The Economist November 21st 2015 single issue$6.99
- The Economist November 14th 2015 single issue$6.99
- The Economist$6.99
- The Economist $10.99
- The Economist December 20th 2014 single issue$7.99
- The Economist$7.99
- The Economist$6.99
- The Economist October 31st 2015 single issue$6.99