'The Eighth Continent' is an interactive novel in which you are the story's hero!
In a world devastated by a cataclysmic super-eruption, you must search for your lost family. Who should you trust? What dangers await you in the volcanic wasteland?
Scavenge, fight, hack, and trade your way through a ruined world.
- A branching storyline; make crucial choices and live with the consequences.
- Conditional choices, where your options may depend on the items in your inventory, your health or mental state, previously visited locations, your reputation with other characters, or even your wealth!
- A card-based fighting mini-game.
- A mini-game for hacking electronic locks.
- A mini-game where you scavenge for precious goods.
- Vendors to buy and sell.
- A decryption mini-game to decode secret records.
- An inventory of consumables and quest items for you to manage.
- Over 700 pages.
- Over 20 achievements.
- An automatic bookmark save system.
Suitable for adults and young adults alike, the book uses clean language throughout and contains mild fictional violence in the form of a card game. Although a standalone story, 'The Eighth Continent' is the first book of a trilogy; books two and three are already written, and will be released as apps soon.
The app works in both landscape and portrait orientations.
Special thanks to Matt Rix for his excellent Futile 2D library.
Lots of bug fixes, including fixing some missing options in the tradestation gate sequence and making the Barrier sequence more fun and less gruelling!
Ratings and Reviews
I did not even get the chance to finish. But this story is awesome. Really really have to think about the choices you make because this is survival. And you got to make really tough choices. You got to be on your toes with this one. It is very long and very interactive. Love it and I will defiantly try my best to survive for sure. I did not have what it takes to survive last time but hopefully it will be different this time. I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun, but really difficult!
I enjoyed the app, especially since the whole thing is free. The mini games/puzzle get tedious after a few repeats.
Just as a warning the whole thing is really, really difficult. As in I have yet to pass it and pretty much have given up. Might re download the app once in awhile to try again when I get bored.
If anyone manage to complete this give a shout out in the reviews and perhaps some tips?
This is absolutely amazing, one of the best choose your own adventure books! Great minigames, illustrations, ambience, and a great story! (Btw, the ashfall is really cool too) amazing book, when is book 2 coming to itunes?
- B Garrett
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Ben Garrett
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.