The Family Handyman delivers expert and understandable advice for do-it-yourselfers. Save money when you repair and improve your home yourself, and feel the pride of independence and accomplishment; The Family Handyman will guide you along the way. Fix plumbing problems, add storage space, save on appliance repairs, build bookcases, learn about cool tools –– even build a shed! Each issue has how-to videos and step-by-step photography that simplify and demystify even the most complicated of home improvements, and is jam-packed with tips to improve your skills.
SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. Download the Family Handyman app and enjoy the free sample issue. Then choose your payment plan: SAVE UP TO 62% off the single-issue price. PRINT SUBSCRIBERS: FREE ACCESS to the iPad edition is included in your subscription for six months. Just download the app and tap on the “Current Magazine Subscriber” button to get started.
Note: Downloads of issues can take a few minutes—that’s because we’ve included bonus content such as photos, exclusive videos, interactive content, and more. Take full advantage of Apple’s Newsstand feature by connecting your iPad to your Mac or PC and installing iOS 5 before downloading this app.
• 1-month subscription for $1.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• 1-year subscription for $14.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• NOTE: Your subscription starts with the latest issue; back issues are not part of your subscription but may be purchased as single issues ($3.99).
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your credit card will be automatically charged for another subscription period (another year for annual subscribers, another month for monthly subscribers) unless you change your subscription preferences in your App Store account settings.
Updated user's registration page URL.
Ratings and Reviews
It has easily fixable issues
1. Constantly says cannot connect to App Store.
2. Requires login every time you open it. For many years applications have been able to store login credentials.
These two major, but easily fixable annoyances drove me to uninstall it.
Let me know when you get your act together and I’ll give it another try.
Without zooming app is not good
For some reason the removed the zoom function a while back and now you can’t read the text on most articles. Otherwise it was a decent app. Whoever made that decision has cost them many subscribers including me since I won’t renew.
Bring back zoom
This app is totally worthless without the ability to zoom in to text and photos. Bring back the zoom or lose subscriptions.
- Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
- 29.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Family Handyman 1 Year Subscription $14.99
- The Family Handyman 1 Year Subscription $1.99
- September 2012 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.