The Fayetteville Observer
By The Fayetteville Observer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Fayetteville Observer app delivers all the latest news printed in the Fayetteville Observer right to your tablet. Get all the articles available in our printed newspaper directly on your tablet and view them just as you would the printed edition.
This iPad app is an exact replica of the printed newspaper with customizable features to fit your needs, and it allows you to access the paper when you’re offline, on the road, or in flight.
Stay connected to the events in your world with the Fayetteville Observer iPad app!
What's New in Version 2.5.56
This is a major update with performance and operational enhancements
to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and
the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page
spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a
separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second
double tap returns page to default size. Pinch page any time to zoom.
- Change default tap actions for single, double and two-finger taps in
Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line
reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming
-Receive availability alerts for new editions
- Improved iOS7 and Retina display compliance
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
Doesn't work properly
Great concept, but it just doesn't work. I can only seem to access today's paper, but need to go back to yesterday. I don't know if there's an option to do this, but I'm guessing it's under "settings" which the app will not allow me to go to. I just get a blank white screen every time I click on it. The current day's paper comes up just fine though.
Terrible app not worth the time
This app is terribly designed. It's as though they took design concepts from 2008 and applied them to today. The app is a large photo of their newspaper. It's also slow. Very slow.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 20, 2014
- Version: 2.5.56
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Fayetteville Publishing Company
- © Fayetteville Publishing Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Single Edition $0.99