Grab a glove and pitch your way to the top of the major leagues! Baseball season is back and you’re on the mound. Starting your career as a rookie pitcher, you'll develop your repertoire and navigate clubhouse politics in the big leagues. Over eight seasons, you’ll use your talent and charisma to win on—and off—the field.
"The Fielder’s Choice" is a 115,000-word interactive baseball novel by Nathaniel Edwards. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Your talented arm will take you places you’ve never seen, and introduce you to some of the most driven athletes on the planet. Do you have the massive dedication to succeed in the big leagues, or will you resort to a little bit of cheating? Will you be baseball’s biggest stat geek or the master of hustle and grit? Will you develop an on-field persona that terrifies hitters or a cuddly exterior that lulls them to sleep? Will you go down in history as a Hall of Fame ace or a live arm that fizzled on the big stage? When your lifelong baseball dreams come true, someone else may have to lose everything they’ve ever worked toward.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay or straight
• Play as left- or right-handed
• Choose your pitching style and develop the perfect repertoire to rack up strikeouts
• Perfect a fastball, slider, or curveball
• Find friends, foes, or potential lifelong partners among your teammates
• Pitch in the United States, Japan, or unlock the opportunity to explore a new frontier for baseball
• Use statistical analysis to perfect your game, or #RiseAndGrind to out-hustle your opponents
• Discover the quirky secret behind baseball’s most successful agent
What pitch will you throw when the game is on the line? In that moment, it's the Fielder's Choice.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "The Fielder's Choice," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Baseball is a great theme for a COG/HG title. There’s plenty of drama to mine, both on the field and in a clubhouse. This title takes a novel approach to pitching battles, but it can be a frustrating read, overall. It tracks your character through their entire career, and while this is admirable, it’s stretched so thin that characters are flat, and the journey forgettable. (As it limps to a conclusion, you’re even given a broad list of characters you’ve barely spoken to. Pick one! They suddenly love you!)
The idea for this is solid and inventive. It just doesn’t hit the zone.
Sweet & Short
This was a nice game with a lot of different choices you could make in regards to your career and type of person you are. However, it did get a little repetitive at times with the only goal really to win games. I wish there could have been more time spent improving different areas of my stats without having to sacrifice others. It was a nice game worth the price, but definitely not one of my favorites COG has to offer.
I haven’t finished it yet, but so far am enjoying it a lot. Great writing at a fun, brisk pace. The ability to play as a non-binary character was unexpected and lovely — this is not something one sees often in games. As a non-binary gamer and sports fan, I think that alone warrants my 5-star rating. It helps that the game is fun too! :)
- Choice of Games LLC
- 48.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Nathaniel Edwards
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.