The New Food Lover’s Guide to Paris
By Patricia Wells
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most authoritative guide to eating well in the City of Light is now available as an application for iOS.
“Food lovers rejoice! You can now tour Paris with Patricia Wells, the city’s most reliable guide to its very best spots. Her app is fast and easy to use, chock-full of terrific information and a great read. In other words, it’s a delicious must-have.”
Dorie Greenspan, author of Around My French Table and the Baking with Dorie iPad application
• Discover more than 350 of the city’s ultimate culinary destinations, updated for 2012 and tested by Patricia and her team, with concise overview details and focused, dependable commentary. Includes Patricia’s discriminating selection of Paris restaurants, cafes, wine bars, bakeries, pastry shops, chocolate shops, cheese shops, markets and specialty shops, as well as her top picks. Or bookmark your own favorite addresses for a personalized top-picks list.
• A map of Paris shows all selected addresses, with color-coded pins and GPS locations to guide you to the best restaurants, shops and markets in the vicinity, wherever you may be. App users can call numbers directly, link to web sites and find relevant directions.
• Browse the app contents by category or neighborhood, or by particular restaurant specifics such as price, cuisine type, specialties or restaurant details like vegetarian- friendly or Michelin-star rating.
• Patricia’s famous dining dictionary (often copied but never equaled) is an A-Z glossary of French culinary terms to help translate menus on the spot.
• English language only.
Patricia Wells, author and former New York Times journalist, was global food critic for the International Herald Tribune for more than 25 years. She has written four print editions of The Food Lover’s Guide to Paris and 13 other books, including Bistro Cooking and Trattoria. With her husband, Walter, Patricia has lived in France since 1980 and also runs classes at her popular cooking school – At Home with Patricia Wells – in Paris and Provence.
For more information visit www.foodloversparis.com
To offer feedback or report issues on the App, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.3.3
Fix a fault during the update process, which caused the database to roll back to an old version. Apologies if you have been affected by this.
We carried Patricia Wells 3rd edition of Food Lovers Guide to Paris all over the city in 1995. Every recommendation was great. Twenty years later we're going back, so I bought the app.
I searched for 4 of our favorites. All are still open, with web sites, FB pages, etc.
Nothing. No listings in this app. 0 for 4. We'll bring the book.
The map does not work on iPhone 6 plus - all pins on all the time. GPS probably won't work, but I don't know if I'll even bother to find out. This app is a waste of time.
Patricia Wells RIP. It's too bad your good name is being abused with this lousy app.
New Food lover's Guide to Paris
This does not work on the iPad. Cannot scroll. Can see whole page only on iPhone setting (1x).
No response to touchscreen.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 05, 2015
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 44.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Patricia Wells Ltd
- © 2012 Patricia Wells
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.