Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship: the memories they’ve built, what must be let go, and what should never be left behind.
Lost in a mysterious realm where cause and effect are malleable, the friends find that time flows in all directions. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
- The Guardian
“A must-have title for anyone who enjoys puzzle games.”
- Gaming Trend
“An incredibly clever and frighteningly intricate puzzle formula.”
- Nintendo Life
"Full of creative touches and small magical moments."
"A magical journey."
“You really need to play it.’
• Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
• Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
• Gorgeous single player experience with a meaningful personal story
• Bespoke ingenious puzzles require the manipulation of time to solve
• Accessible design; simple controls, and no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
• Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
• Play in widescreen landscape or tall portrait view
• Seventeen achievements to find and complete
• 'Mac Game of the Year' Winner, named by Apple 2018
• 'Game of the Year' Winner at AGDA 2018
• 'Most Innovative Game' Winner by Game Two 2018
• ‘Best Technology’ Winner at Sense Of Wonder Night 2018
• 'Visual Excellence' Finalist at IGF 2018
• 'Best of MIX' Winner at MIX Seattle 2018
• 'Game Design Excellence' Winner BIC Fest 2017
• Plus another twenty industry award nominations
• 'Final Selection' of more than 16 international festivals
Stream or buy the original and extended soundtrack of The Gardens Between at https://awal.lnk.to/glowingpains
• MFi wireless gamepads & Bluetooth keyboards are more responsive.
• Overhauled multitouch system so it works in all situations. Try us. Have 11 fingers? Give it a go.
• Improved rendering performance in the most dense gardens.
• Better progress syncing with iCloud.
Thanks for playing #TheGardensBetween <3
Tweet @TheVoxelAgents with your favourite moment!
Or find us on Instagram, Facebook or Youtube.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful Design at its finest
The gardens between is a gorgeous and inventive puzzle game with clever time bending mechanics. Only ten or so levels in and even though it hasn’t become very difficult yet every time a puzzle comes together I get the biggest smile and find myself repeating each time “okay this game is really cool.” Just realizing the solution then watching the pieces fall into place is so satisfying and that satisfaction is only bolstered by the lovely animations and an incredibly strong art direction (seriously in love with this art style!) Very thoughtful level design; beautiful, winding mountains covered with household objects that tower over you as you ascend the summit, manipulating time to position falling objects or jumping boxes, orchestrating a “right place right time” flow of events. All of it services a very satisfying gameplay loop and a clear sense of place; stooped in nostalgia and our relationships with the passage of time. Besides some minor hitching on level start-up and that it makes my iPad (6th gen) really hot pretty quickly, the game runs well and the touch controls are good and simple; not a bunch of different inputs and not finicky in any way. I could go on about how great the sound design and music are (which they really really are superb) and how much I like the subtle, wordless storytelling/atmosphere building, but I’ll stop here and heavily implore you buy this game and experience it for yourself.
If you’re debating buying this game, stop and buy it! It is brilliant. Original controls (swipe left and right to manipulate time and tap to interact with objects) that are super intuitive and extremely easy to use. Graphics are beautiful on my iPhone X, there are so many moving objects in each scenery it feels like the world comes to life when you swipe. The object of the game is to carry a glowing orb to the top of each level but it’s not as easy as it sounds 😉.. very fun puzzle mechanic! I’m scared to keep playing because I don’t want it to end! Lol
Wow never knew about going forward and backward the developers really put all there brains into this game I gave it 4 because I can’t believe I was tricked into buying this game lol let me know when you figure out how to go side to side keep trying your get there. Lol
- The Voxel Agents
- 747.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Voxel Agents 2019
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.